Thread Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm in look-out for a 2 DIN HU. Features required as below:

1. 2 pre-outs.
2. Good SQ
3. Video and audio in to plug in GPS device
4. Front USB port
5. Max budget 15~20K with/without bill&warranty
6. Good to have - BT, but not necessary.

Please suggest specific models.

Another query: Is it good to have 6x9 as back fills in a hatch as compared to comp/co-ax in rear doors? This is going to be driven by a 4 channel amp. Front are 6.25" comp.

Thanks in advance.

Re: 2DIN HU with Video and Audio in 15-20K budget

Hi Squid,

you can try out AVH-1490DVD by Pioneer. It should be around 15-16K. It's an amazing HU bout audio quality wise and looks wise too. Also, it comes with a 2yr warranty too. Another options you can evaluate are models from Kenwood (2DIN Receivers | Car Electroics | Kenwood) of from JVC.

There's also a Sony model, XAV 63 priced around 19K (XAV-63 : Mobile Display : Xplod™ In Car Visual : Sony India), though I personally don't like/recommend Sony but still it's an option.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #3

Thanks @freakdude for a quick response.

Could you tell me what models would actually fit my budget? Here's what I'm trying to do:
1. Good SQ off course is required with 2 pre-outs
2. Connect video out of my phone to the HU (for navigation)
3. Connect reverse cam
4. Use bluetooth for calls.

The AVH-1490DVD from Pioneer doesn't seem as it can plan video from external sources. correct me if I'm wrong.
So let's stick with Pioneer, JVC and Kenwood for the moment. Please let me know appropriate model numbers.

Thanks in advance.

1490 can play videos from ipod/iphone. But I don't think there's a HU that can display the screen of your mobile (like a projector connected to a PC). All you can do is stream videos from compatible devices but no screen sharing. 1490 supports reverse cam.

freakdude.

Top Bottom