26 Hours Nonstop and Solo Delhi - Pune - Delhi in My Wagon-R

Thread Starter #16
@ToughGuy: One word "Amazing". You really are tough guy[clap]. Very nice Travelogue enjoyed it thoroughly. That would be tiresome yet worth the effort I feel. Thanks for sharing the complete experience.

Drive Safe
Santosh.V
Thanks for your lovely comments, i was mad in love those days [embarass]

I think i can't dare to do the same act now :biggrin:

I used to think that only I am insane enough to take on long solo journeys,but after reading this review,I can say that you are a true 'TOUGH guy'.
I have made my longest road trip to Jodhpur and once to Udaipur all alone,but you did it till Pune,that also in a Wagon-R!!It needs some real guts.

Although I also have made one such trip but that time we were three people in the car and went to NDA for seeing the passing out parade of uncle's son...what is a piece of bad luck is that I have no pics,only memories of the trip are there.
We also too the same route as taken by you.

Thread Starter #18
I used to think that only I am insane enough to take on long solo journeys,but after reading this review,I can say that you are a true 'TOUGH guy'.
I have made my longest road trip to Jodhpur and once to Udaipur all alone,but you did it till Pune,that also in a Wagon-R!!It needs some real guts.

Although I also have made one such trip but that time we were three people in the car and went to NDA for seeing the passing out parade of uncle's son...what is a piece of bad luck is that I have no pics,only memories of the trip are there.
Thanks TSIVipul for your lovely comments, in start after reaching Gurgaon i thought of going back as i seriously doubt whether i was able to drive 26 hrs that too solo but i kept my eyes on my set targets and mission accomplished.

I thank god for being on my side.

No buddy you not alone. check my travelogue[:)]
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tsburg-kansas-manassas-virginia-1932-kms.html

And this is only one trip. I have done 3 all together in 4 years[:)]

Thanks TSIVipul for your lovely comments, in start after reaching Gurgaon i thought of going back as i seriously doubt whether i was able to drive 26 hrs that too solo but i kept my eyes on my set targets and mission accomplished.

I can understand that feeling very well buddy. But it's only a matter of one or two hours, after that the countdown begins[;)]

in start after reaching Gurgaon i thought of going back as i seriously doubt whether i was able to drive 26 hrs that too solo but i kept my eyes on my set targets and mission accomplished.

Well,my case is quite different.When I leave for a long trip,I am always just on my decision and there are no chances of returning without completing the task until there is some emergency.
I just once pray Maa for good luck and leave towards the horizon..

No buddy you not alone. check my travelogue[:)]
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...tsburg-kansas-manassas-virginia-1932-kms.html

And this is only one trip. I have done 3 all together in 4 years[:)]
Checked and amazed,1900+ kms in just 19 hours is really mind blowing.

I can understand that feeling very well buddy. But it's only a matter of one or two hours, after that the countdown begins[;)]
Right you are,still I believe in only two decisions 'yes' or 'no',either leave or don't,return is not acceptable for me.

Thread Starter #22
Had this feeling for this trip only, may be due to i am alone or may be due to such a big target of reaching Pune by next day.

Well,my case is quite different.When I leave for a long trip,I am always just on my decision and there are no chances of returning without completing the task until there is some emergency.
I am also very firm in these cases, once i had taken decision will not think much but for this particular trip i thought like this may be due to reasons stated above.

Last edited:

Checked and amazed,1900+ kms in just 19 hours is really mind blowing.

Right you are,still I believe in only two decisions 'yes' or 'no',either leave or don't,return is not acceptable for me.
You right bro that's what i do. Once i make my mind than no looking back.

And yes it is either YES or NO. no middle option for me[:D]

- My roomate did California to Minneapolis which is around 2050 miles ( 3300kms) and that in under 40 hours.[:)]

That's damm expensive. 40 lakhs just for the entry. I can tell a better and cheaper way, buy a air ticket come to US, rent a car and drive from NewYork to California. and that is almost 3000 miles.

Air Fare: Rs 50-60 K (May be less if you can get a deal)
Renting Car: Around 50K for a week
Petrol: Around 22k

So which option would you take buddy[:)][drive]

Excellent write up and I can understand the fire which kept you going. Thanks for sharing. You really seems to love driving (long drives in particular).

Keep them coming

That's damm expensive. 40 lakhs just for the entry. I can tell a better and cheaper way, buy a air ticket come to US, rent a car and drive from NewYork to California. and that is almost 3000 miles.

Air Fare: Rs 50-60 K (May be less if you can get a deal)
Renting Car: Around 50K for a week
Petrol: Around 22k

So which option would you take buddy
Like i said for people with really deep pockets(millionaire spending habits),& obviously you travel with company of great cars,millionaires & celebs from around the world.
In a way its like buying a Lambo/Ferrari or buying 20 odd Chevy Cruz
or choosing between economy class on an airline & to fly in the Concorde(sadly no more).Its a lifestyle choice for those who can afford it,but for the rest the option you have suggested is good & affordable.

Thread Starter #29
Excellent write up and I can understand the fire which kept you going. Thanks for sharing. You really seems to love driving (long drives in particular).

Keep them coming
Thanks shailinder for your lovely comments will to cover more destinations soon and will write t-logs for the benefit of all future travelers, i am very fond of long drives and wish to cover whole India on wheels one day.

Kindly forgive me, i am very bad in narration and grammar in particular [frustration]

Nice detailed writeup buddy, excellent job, very informative. It will definitely inspire other to take this journey!

Top Bottom