2018 Tata Tiago JTP Spied

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Motors is all set to launch the sportier version of the Tiago hatchback. The production-spec model was spied testing without any camouflage for the first time. It was noted with a sporty new design.

The model on test sported the “JTP” plate showing off its joint development by Tata Motors in partnership with Jayem Auto of Coimbatore. With a festive launch planned for the Tiago JTP hatchback the car showed off a new bright color scheme with blacked out elements.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMyMVrAkvXk#action=share

Read:

Thread Starter #2

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tiago JTP to be a lot more POWERFUL than the Maruti Baleno RS

Tata Tiago has proved to be a popular product from the brand and has become the best-selling car from their line-up. The Tiago was recently was launched in a new NRG variant with rugged exteriors. Now Tata is preparing to the launch the performance variants of the car – Tiago JTP.

The high-performance version has been developed along with the Coimbatore-based Jayem Auto. The Tiago JTP will get a host of mechanical changes including lowered ride height due to the reworked suspension. The lowered height will ensure better handling of the car and a sharp steering response. Other visual changes include updated fog lamp housings, smoked headlamps, faux air vents on the bonnet, and new sportier alloy wheels.

Read more:

Tata Tiago has proved to be a popular product from the brand and has become the best-selling car from their line-up. The Tiago was recently was launched in a new NRG variant with rugged exteriors. Now Tata is preparing to the launch the performance variants of the car – Tiago JTP.

The high-performance version has been developed along with the Coimbatore-based Jayem Auto. The Tiago JTP will get a host of mechanical changes including lowered ride height due to the reworked suspension. The lowered height will ensure better handling of the car and a sharp steering response. Other visual changes include updated fog lamp housings, smoked headlamps, faux air vents on the bonnet, and new sportier alloy wheels.

Read more:
Looks impressive,
but isn't Tiago a little too small to have such a powerful engine.

As per the report the Tiago uses the Nexon engine. However, here it would be tuned for more power. With the Nexon tune, it would be already more powerful than the Baleno RS, and a higher tune, may move it closer to the Abarth. I hope it gets good market response unlike the Abarth.
Fiat's brand value can be blamed for the failure of the Abarth, however, in general, the sports versions have not done well in the market. The Baleno RS again is not selling great numbers. GTI was a failure, but it was a pricing failure.
Unfortunately, the performance hatchback / hot hatchbacks have not been very successful in India. Only exception I would see is the Polo GT TSi but it is more popular for its gearbox than its engine.

Looks impressive,
but isn't Tiago a little too small to have such a powerful engine.
Well yes and no. If they provide an engine which generates say around 100bhp, then there will be people complaining will 100bhp you can call it a hot, sport hatch.

So for me this is a good news and want to see this version of Tiago also to be successful.

Great scoop .What an absolute beauty. There is a certain timelessness to this design which gets even better noticed in this stance. I am sure the performance too will live up to the looks.
Way to go TATA MOTORS.[clap]

Thread Starter #11

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Tata Tiago JTP unveiled – More powerful, faster than Maruti Baleno RS

At the home city of Jayem Automotives, the all new performance variant of Tata Tiago has made its global debut today.

Showcased as a concept at the 2018 Auto Expo earlier this year, Tata Tiago JTP has now been officially revealed ahead of its launch tomorrow. We are test driving the car today in Coimbatore. The review is embargoed till 27th October, but we can share photos and official specs of the car.

More photos/news

Last week i test drove a tiago jtp. It impressed me a lot. Im not going for my detailed test drive experience. Iam here to tell you guys about some news related to jtp.

Today i got a call from jtsv pune. The customer relation personnnel Mr.Sachin enquired about my experience regarding testdrive. I told him wish jtp had DCT option. Surprisingly unlike any other tata employee this guys knows a thing or two(i expected the question ,whats a DCT from him). He told me there is no dct option and also not on development for jtp.
He gave me some future development regarding jtp:
1. Jtsv to start aggressive online campaign from next month onwards.
2. More showrooms to showcase jtp
3. Planning to start jtp customer meet yearly twice
4. And here is the update we love[evil]; within 2 month they are planning to launch performance accessories ( ecu, shocks, brake rotors etc) . For me it seems like a stage 2 map. And all this under warranty (And thats a cherry on top)[clap]
5. Altroz jtp may be launched 6-12 months after regular altroz launch and wont come with DCT (the sad part)
6. Tiago/tigor jtp with additional features( android auto touchscreen system i.e, features in new tiago) coming this month

Last week i test drove a tiago jtp. It impressed me a lot. Im not going for my detailed test drive experience. Iam here to tell you guys about some news related to jtp.

Today i got a call from jtsv pune. The customer relation personnnel Mr.Sachin enquired about my experience regarding testdrive. I told him wish jtp had DCT option. Surprisingly unlike any other tata employee this guys knows a thing or two(i expected the question ,whats a DCT from him). He told me there is no dct option and also not on development for jtp.
He gave me some future development regarding jtp:
1. Jtsv to start aggressive online campaign from next month onwards.
2. More showrooms to showcase jtp
3. Planning to start jtp customer meet yearly twice
4. And here is the update we love[evil]; within 2 month they are planning to launch performance accessories ( ecu, shocks, brake rotors etc) . For me it seems like a stage 2 map. And all this under warranty (And thats a cherry on top)[clap]
5. Altroz jtp may be launched 6-12 months after regular altroz launch and wont come with DCT (the sad part)
6. Tiago/tigor jtp with additional features( android auto touchscreen system i.e, features in new tiago) coming this month

Attachments

Top Bottom