2017 Indian Car Sales: Money Makers & Market Share

Thread Starter #1
Top Volume cars are not necessarily the money makers to the company.

Auto Punditz have come up with the list of models who have generated highest revenue in 2017.

Maruti Suzuki dominates this list with 5 models in top 10, but despite sheer numbers, Alto doesn’t feature in top 5 and Innova with around ~72K sales stands at the second position!

Another interesting one on the list is The Toyota Fortuner, its total dominance in a low volume premium SUV segment ensured its position.

1-1.jpg

Each model featured in this list has left an impact in the auto sector. Market share numbers of these models and the complete dominance in respective segment justifies the sales revenue generated.

2-1.jpg

Source:AutoPunditz

Re: 2017 Indian Car Sales - money makers and market share

Honda City = 68.21%
Thats a massive percentage of overall share, this has come as a surprise to me.
I thought this segment is very closely competed.

Honda City = 68.21%
Verna sales were really poor till the new version was launched. and towards the end of year the sales again got lower.. City seems to be the go to car in the segment.

Honda City = 68.21%
Honda City share is 31.xx% equal to maruti ciaz. 68.xx% is share of all competition. You thought right, this segment is very competitive.

Toyota may not have numbers but in absolute profits, they are right up there since both Innova Crysta and Fortunner are high Margin products with 20K crore turnover from 96K Vehichles.

Regarding Fortuner rivals Sales Value of 25.83%, I think almost all of it goes to the Endeavour which sells about 6-7K vehicles a year.

Top Volume cars are not necessarily the money makers to the company.

Maruti Suzuki dominates this list with 5 models in top 10, but despite sheer numbers, Alto doesn’t feature in top 5 and Innova with around ~72K sales stands at the second position!

Another interesting one on the list is The Toyota Fortuner, its total dominance in a low volume premium SUV segment ensured its position.
Quality over Quantity, exactly the reason TOYOTA don't bother to line up dozens of inferior products (read Tin Ka Dabba [roll]) like the company that leads the market share.
TOYOTA has focused on one offering in each segment where quality is best and happy with the sales numbers which bring good revenues to the company.
MUV - Innova
SUV - Fortuner
Sedan - Etios (taxi market)

Last edited:

Top Bottom