2015 Formula-1 Season

Thread Starter #1
Dear TAI-GERS,

Most of us are waiting for the new F1 season testing to start and hoping that Mercedes dominance does not continue and will more exciting than 2014 season.

Therefore, I hope this thread will be a good platform to share our views about the 2015 F1 season.

Starting with the new car launches:

McLaren:
McLaren on Thursday launched its works Honda-powered MP4-30 on the internet.

The British team contradicted reports of a dramatically new white or black livery by showing the 2015 car in McLaren's customary silver, with more pronounced red from the tip of the sleek nose to the cockpit.

"It is a thoroughly refined evolution of last year's McLaren," the team said in a statement.

"It is the only chassis on the grid to be fitted with Honda's RA615H hybrid power unit, and it features an evolved colour scheme that firmly contextualises McLaren's brand in the 21st century."

Thursday's reveal also confirmed the apparent departure of the sponsor Santander, despite the new presence of Fernando Alonso, and the fact McLaren will enter a second consecutive season without a title backer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoOT0NiydEA

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Re: 2015 Formula 1 Season

The title defending Mercedes introduced their 2015 challenger W06 a shakedown during a 'promotional event' at Silverstone, before a blizzard stopped running.

Mercedes released images of the test, conducted by both world champion Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.

Attachments

Thread Starter #4
Re: 2015 Formula 1 Season

Sauber launches their 2015 contender Sauber C34 in all new livery; hope they score some points this year with their new driver line up.

Source: Sauber F1 Team | Home

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
So, the first Formula 1 winter testing at Jerez comes to an end; this testing also included new car launches of Mercedes, Toro Rosso, Williams, Red Bull Racing launched their car in a camouflage and Lotus on Day 2. Sebastian Vettel managed to finish on top on both the days and Felipe Nasr on Day 3. Kimi Raikkonen put the Ferrari on top again on Day 4. Overall the Ferrari powered cars have finished the on top during this testing tough they say that the time do not matter at this stage it is encouraging signs for Ferrari fans.

Attachments

Last edited:
Forza ferrari. Just want the overall pack to be more competitive with respect to the MercMercedes this year.

Last edited:
Good that a thread has been started.

It is going to be an exciting season with all the movements happening and some young turks coming up

Mrcedes - Surely the team to beat with the run in even upto the last race last year. Hamilton holds the edge over Roseberg anyday.

Ferrari - Vettel has ben the one I had been rooting ever since the Post Schumacher era started in 2007. Mind you I have spoken of him as a future champion way back in 2009 when he won a race with Torro Rosso and in the final race the way he overtook Lewis in the last lap in Interlagos. He and Ferrari should be a great combination and has every potential to match the Ferrari Schumacher combo. But whether that will happen this year is how well they adapt to each other. Already they have shown the potential by being fastest in the warm up sessions.

McLaren - They probably have the most balanced driver in Alonso, but somehow Alonso himself has lost a lot of sheen and to me remains a doubtful challenger.

Red Bull - Vettel or no Vettel, disregard this team at your own peril. Chris Horner surely knows a thing or two about team management and in Daniel Ricciardio they have a guy who beat 4 times World Champion hands down last year in every sphere in his own den. To me the most promising driver and given a competitive car he is definitely a champion material. I AM ROOTING FOR RICCIARDO THIS SEASON..

Let the races start..

Top Bottom