2012 Tata Nano CX - Neon Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

deville_56

Honoured Member
2012 Tata Nano CX - Neon Rush - SOLD!!!

A short story:

Friend of mine was working in Coimbatore and was looking for a replacement for his 13-year-old Zen, which started showing troubles. Last year he bought i10 Auto for his dad and could afford only an entry-level or second hand car. So decided to TD a Nano and came to know 2012 Nano is gonna be launched and straight away booked one. I believe this is the first Nano featured in TAI.

He was impressed with the black interiors of the CX (middle variant) than the beige of the LX. Chose flashy green because he found Papaya Orange too flashy that we will make fun of him [frustration]. Papaya Orange was too too cute. It looked like a toy car.

His requirements were cheap to run and maintain, seating position higher than his Zen, and decent ground clearance.

Car was delivered within 15 days of booking. On-road price was 1.8L. Full cash payment.

Freebies included floor mats, mud flaps, and a perfume.

Dealer offered 90k for his Zen as exchange price, but condition of Zen is not worth for that and we were sure they won't pay the sum once we are into the game. His brother decided to keep the Zen as it's their first car.

Apart from the fixed hatch and unreachable fuel lid, Nano is every way better than M800 IMO. It got a chiller in it. AC was too deadly [evil]

Mod plans: Garware tints. Hella 500FF (from his Zen). Pioneer non-USB HU and tweeter (also from his Zen) and JBL GTO948 in enclosure.

2011-12-19 18-08-05.jpg

2011-12-19 18-08-41.jpg

2011-12-19 18-09-21.jpg

2011-12-19 18-09-45.jpg

2011-12-19 18-22-02.jpg

Meijo Green, available only on LX

2011-12-19 17-35-30.jpg

Nano 2012 now available in all Candy colors

2011-12-19 18-08-52.jpg

PS: The car is now with his brother and I have to wait till he comes home to get chance to drive the car. Will post more about the cutie then.

More snaps>> More Snaps

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Nice to read a review of Nano 2012. Neon Rush looks more flashy than Papaya Orange. Now waiting for further updates and pass on the congrats to your friend. [thumbswink]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Congratulations for the cute small car.

Just a naive question, I have read that Nano diesel will be available in 2012 so did your friend book the diesel one or petrol?

Congrats , Looking forward to your and your friends comment about the car, the buying experience, driving experience and about modding later.

Wow first nano on TAI congrats for the purchase of Nano to your friend,we want more pics interiors as well as exteriors and initial ownership report.

BTW,Merijo green was looking good for a nano:-)

350Z

Core Team
Just a naive question, I have read that Nano diesel will be available in 2012 so did your friend book the diesel one or petrol?
Diesel Nano isn’t available in market right now. This makes it much certain that he bought a Petrol Nano. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10

deville_56

Honoured Member
Congratulations for the cute small car.

Diesel Nano isn’t available in market right now. This makes it much certain that he bought a Petrol Nano. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
Diesel Nano will be out by July according to the sales rep (god knows [evil])

Thread Starter #11

deville_56

Honoured Member
Drove Nano today, some 20 km, full city. It was breeze to drive. Nimble. Steering lighter than Zen. I took the car for registration in absence of my friend and his brother. Fancy number (rather lucky) number has been booked and now we have to bear the headache of getting it registered. Still running with temp registration. Waited all day in scorching sun and when our chance came, the dealer dude found some papers missing, which were actually with the dealer themselves. Friend's dad had a fight with them. The dealer guy was innocent and he never had any idea of this. He was in city limits displaying cars and the idiots at dealership asked him to assist him. I felt sorry for him. His dad called up and fired at the dealership idiots and they promised to get the car registered on Monday itself. BTW it returned 22 kmpl in city :)

Cons till now: Awkwrd driving position. Poor steering angle. Had shoulder pain within 2-3 km of driving. Had to push seat back to get my hands stretched, but then it was difficult to reach the pedals.

Once the car is off from 0, it pulls very happily, no stress or struggling. But once speed drops too slow, the car stalls in 2nd gear unlike bigger motored cars. Reverse also needs a bit rev up. NVH is too good, very minimal engine noise inside even with glass rolled down.

Had hardtime digest it [;)]

Last edited:
I have driven the Nano once over a very short distance on a broken patch of road. It's not a bad car at all and Tata must be commended for the packaging that they have done to liberate so much of room inside the car. But still, no offense meant against anyone but I would prefer an 800 any day to the Nano - just cant bear with the thought of being seen in one.

Have driven the nano. Just feels like a smaller wagonR. Peppy in city, has space, but really awkward seating positon. Plus once loaded, things get nasty. No boot space to speak of too. Plus Driving a good 800 with that revvy 3pot feels wayyyyyy better than anything close.

Great photos !! nano guys have a section on their website where they showcase such nice stories. I think its called Diaries or something. You can submit in that. their fb page also has got a lot of stories i guess.

I have driven the Nano once over a very short distance on a broken patch of road. It's not a bad car at all and Tata must be commended for the packaging that they have done to liberate so much of room inside the car. But still, no offense meant against anyone but I would prefer an 800 any day to the Nano - just cant bear with the thought of being seen in one.
There is an interview
with Patrick Whitney, Dean of the Institute of Design at Illinois Institute of Technology, the largest graduate school of design in the US.
in Economics Times today.

According to Whitney, If Tata Motors went to US first with the Nano and then came back to India then it would have been a runway hit here.

Whitney says "the Tatas may have lost an opportunity in Nano by not positioning it as a product of choice for the middle and upper middle class consumers in developed world and then sold it in India. Instead by marketing directly to the middle class and lower middle class in India, the product ignored the aspirational ambitions of the class of people it is currently targeting."

Tata should have sold Nano in US first: Patrick Whitney, Illinois Institute of Technology - The Economic Times

It seems Whitney has studied Indian mindset thouroughly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom