2012 Tata Nano CX - Neon Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31

deville_56

Honoured Member
Nano back home after 2-3 months use in Coimbatore. Ownership experience so far so good. Only issue is horn failure, but was a poor diagnosis by the workshop guy. Fuse carrier of the after market horn fuse got rusted due to water seeping. They said the OEM horn relay is gone and this is not the way of connecting horn. They cut the horn wire, added a poor quality small switch, and reconnected the stock horn, but they never were able to fire the Windtone again. Car back, changed the fuse carrier myself, everything working fine.

Car effortlessly did 600+ km at a stretch without any trouble. 17 kmpl with AC and lots of abuse, very much ripped, bad bad driver [frustration]

Now with the owner, it's returning 25-27 with full time AC. It's turning out to be way cheaper than the most efficient LPG driven Alto [evil]

Saturday I got a replacement call from TATA and replaced the cluster assembly because its has an error as they told. now the kilometer set to "0".

Car effortlessly did 600+ km at a stretch without any trouble. 17 kmpl with AC and lots of abuse, very much ripped, bad bad driver [frustration]

Now with the owner, it's returning 25-27 with full time AC. It's turning out to be way cheaper than the most efficient LPG driven Alto [evil]
The mileage figure's are just unbelievable, it gives as much mileage as an CBR250

speedometer console replaced its because of the engine malfunction lights never goes off. the rectified that due to the consoles issue, replaced now everything is normal but odometer started from 0!

Thread Starter #36

deville_56

Honoured Member
Most unfortunate thing. He half-heartedly decided to dispose off the Nano. He being out of state for studies and visiting home only once in every 6 months, no one to take care of the Nano. His brother take it out rarely and there is parking constraints, total 3 cars including Nano. So no option than to sell the car. Barely a year old and just around 7k on odo, sad. He want to sell it to someone, who from whom he can buy it back once he is back after studies.

Thread Starter #38

deville_56

Honoured Member
hi
can you explain how you had fitted those hella as i wanna fit it 2 my car
Drilled the number plate frame and installed. That is the sturdiest point on the weak bumper, still its also weak. Took connection to power relay from head unit connector, drew high-gauge wire from battery via fuse and used sleeve all the way to bonnet and connected to relay there.

Drilled the number plate frame and installed. That is the sturdiest point on the weak bumper, still its also weak. Took connection to power relay from head unit connector, drew high-gauge wire from battery via fuse and used sleeve all the way to bonnet and connected to relay there.
can you post the pics of the wiring so I can show it to my electrician for fitting those. by the way how much it costed?

Thread Starter #40

deville_56

Honoured Member
can you post the pics of the wiring so I can show it to my electrician for fitting those. by the way how much it costed?
Don't have the wiring snaps alone. Temme what kinda help you want, like schematic diagram or the wire routing.

Regarding the cost, it was a transfer from his old Zen to Nano. For installation on Zen, he spent some 7 or 8 k. You can do similar setup with Neolite instead of Hella for 2.5-3k max budget.

Thread Starter #41

deville_56

Honoured Member
Reclaimed the Zen it replaced and it is gone. SOLD!!!

And my last DIY on it, back in 2012. Enabling wiper with windshield washer.
2012-12-31 09-00-06.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom