2012 Suzuki Swift Recalls

Thread Starter #1
My Manager today got a letter form Suzuki Australia

Her brand new car ( done only 500 kms ) have been recalled.
The letter states that the clamp on the fuel filler pipe has adhesive issues that can cause the fuel to drip from the pipe.

They asked her to bring it in next two weeks for safety concerns and they will fix it and do all the relevant checks.

If anyone of you has this problem please go get it checked.

Thanks [:)]

Such things are rare in India.
When I bought my Wagon R, I faced an issue while driving on highways. At high speeds, if I passed through any uneven patch, the gear used to shift back to neutral on its own. I straight away went to my dealer. He calmly said, we will change the gear shift assembly. Later I happened to see the circular from MUL directing all the dealers to change the gear shift mechanism, as the earlier design had some flaw, leading to neutral shifts when facing vibrations. While they had done it on paper, dealers were waiting only for those customers, who were reporting the problem. Ideally, all cars should have been recalled.

Thread Starter #4
It in Australia and am sure it will be all around the world because that thing isn't different for different parts of the world.
I am sure dealers in India won't do a recall because they are dirty people !

so its worth getting it checked

Recall in India???? I hope that happens. But I am not expecting any. They know the problem, still they will fix it only for those who reports it. [anger]

Thread Starter #7
JAPAN'S Suzuki Motor says it will recall about 109,000 Swift subcompact cars worldwide, including in Australia, to repair a defect that may cause petrol leakage. The cars were produced between September 2010 and last month with 55,146 of them shipped to the domestic market and 53,801 others exported outside the country, including to Australia, Mexico, and Europe, a company spokesman said today.
Suzuki said in a statement that an inadequate connection on the rubber fuel filler hose could cause petrol to leak.
Four cases of such leakage have been reported in Japan, but they did not lead to any accidents, the statement said.
"There have been no reports of such defects abroad," the spokesman added.
"About the exported cars, we will deal with them in keeping with local procedures of the countries concerned."

Petrol or fuel. One and the same thing. What do you mean to say?
I asked the question because of what Surfer mentioned in his reply below:

But there are hardly any petrol swift sold in india thanks to government of india.
And my question was petrol leakage or any fuel leakage, means. is this applicable only for petrol swift or for both petorl and diesel switf?

Such things are rare in India.
When I bought my Wagon R, I faced an issue while driving on highways. At high speeds, if I passed through any uneven patch, the gear used to shift back to neutral on its own. I straight away went to my dealer. He calmly said, we will change the gear shift assembly. Later I happened to see the circular from MUL directing all the dealers to change the gear shift mechanism, as the earlier design had some flaw, leading to neutral shifts when facing vibrations. While they had done it on paper, dealers were waiting only for those customers, who were reporting the problem. Ideally, all cars should have been recalled.
Recall in India???? I hope that happens. But I am not expecting any. They know the problem, still they will fix it only for those who reports it. [anger]

TATAs have replaced all 2012 nano's instrument cluster by recalling every customer for free, they have replaced mine also though i had no problem with it at all.

so, its being done in india also, only difference is that TATAs are never advertise such things, they do right things silently.

Thread Starter #13
Its in the fuel line so it would affect both petrol and diesel models . I think what they mean by fuel hose is the pipe from the filler cap to the tank , which is clamped .
Petrol or diesel , I am sure suzuki ain't going to design the same thing for same car in 2 different ways .

Noz,

Dharmesh asked a valid question looking at a previous reply. fuel can be petrol or diesel too.

I request you to check it before you post a question, because some how I felt like it is bit harsh !![cry]

Buddy it was a straight question with straight intention. Somehow I didnt get Dharmesh's statement, and sent across a question. I never meant to be harsh.
@ Dharmesh I went back and saw my post. Yes, if I look again, it sounds harsh. But never meant it that way. No hard feelings.. Will be careful with the way I convey my feelings.

Top Bottom