2012 Acura TL - Family / Sports Sedan

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends I have another sedan and this is one is Acura TL. Just to let you know Acura is the Luxurious brand of Honda.

For the 2012 model year, Acura has treated its fourth-generation mid-size sedan to a facelift. The "Power Plenum" grille has been re-styled to be smaller and less prominent, all part of the new front and rear fascias. There is a new 6-speed automatic transmission under the hood, and the engine has been re-tuned to deliver slightly better fuel economy. New technology includes a blind-spot information system, ventilated seats, a 60 GB hard drive, and new alloy wheels. In addition, the cabin has been fitted with additional sound deadening to reduce noise at higher speeds.

So again friends what do you think about this sedan and do you think if Honda launches this sedan in India, will it be a success?

Acura TL
Following are the technical details for this car

Body: 4 door sedan

Size: 4928 (length) 1880 (width) 1452 (height)mm.

Wheelbase: 2775 mm

Drivetrain: Front engine/front wheel drive/Also availavle in AWD (All Wheel Drive)
6-speed Automatic Transmission
Sequential SportShift paddle shifters
Grade Logic Control

Tyres: P245/50/R17 :TL
P245/45/R18 :TL SH-AWD
P245/40/R19 :TL SH-AWD

Engine: Aluminum Alloy, V6
3.5L: TL
3.7L: TL SH-AWD

Horsepower @ RPM: 280 @ 6200 rpm: TL
305 @ 6300 rpm: TL SH-AWD

Torque @ RPM: 254 @ 5000 rpm: TL
273 @ 5000 rpm: TL SH-AWD

Audio:
1. Standard Audio System
The standard TL audio system boasts many features competing systems lack. The 276-watt, 8-speaker system with a center speaker and 8-inch subwoofer is a perfect setup for the Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II sound imaging which can be applied to CD, XM® Radio4, USB7 or any digital source. Audio sources for the system include:

- AM and FM with RDS readout
- XM Radio, with more than 170 channels of digital programming and near-CD quality sound
- MP3- and WMA6-compatible 6-disc CD changer
- USB Audio Interface for iPod®8 or flash drive that enables full operation of the devices through the audio system controls
- MP3/auxiliary input jack

2. Acura/ELS Surround Sound System
Grammy® Award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design the Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music the way it’s heard in the recording studio. The system can play 5.1 surround sound DVD-A discs, the highest-fidelity sound medium available. Surround sound can also be extracted from any stereo digital source, thanks to Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II circuitry. In addition to all the source in
- 15GB or approximately 3,600-song hard disk drive media storage with shuffle, playlist creation, and an updatable Gracenote® database
- DVD-A, MP3, WMA6 and DTS-compatible disc player
- Bluetooth® Audio system to play songs wirelessly from a compatible cell phone while song data can appear on the navigation screen
- 440-watt amplifier with digital 96 kHz sampling for crystal-clear sound
- 10 speakers—1 per door, 2 tweeters, 1 center mid-range, 2 rear surround, 1 powered 8-inch subwoofer
- Almost all functions can be performed by Voice Recognition
- The Note function music reminder allows you to store song information and a 10-second sample as it is aired on an XM® Radio4 station so you can recall it later

I Hope all my fellow TAI'ns like it[:)]

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Re: 2012 Acura TL - Family/Sports Sedan

Yes buddy Honda has the highest resale in US and since Acura is owned by Honda, also has a very good reputation and resale.
And to be honest these cars are really very low on maintenance and trust worthy and aslo VFM

well its rear lights match very much to indian honda accord!
Hello Friends I have another sedan and this is one is Acura TL. Just to let you know Acura is the Luxurious brand of Honda.
buddy can you post pics of your car or maybe review also! [:)]

Thread Starter #8

well its rear lights match very much to indian honda accord!

buddy can you post pics of your car or maybe review also! [:)]
Buddy i don't own this car. I said that inreference to my previous post for 2012 Nissan Maxima.[:)]Sorry for the confusion.

Ya but one of my cousin owns this

Top Bottom