2010 India Customer Service Index (CSI) Study Report

With all the niggles & rattling Maruti has managed to top again. Toyota below Fiat, TATA? Haven't heard any issue from any Toyota owner, but plenty from Fiat & Tata. So can't ascertain how reliable this survey is. And Toyota below Hyundai? I guess this happens only in India.

Thread Starter #4
If you have some personal experience, others also have. Please appreciate this. Also this is not the reliability survey, its customer satisfaction survey.

Here is the % they have given for different things -

Attachments

From official web site

Maruti Suzuki Ranks Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Dealer Service in India For an Eleventh Consecutive Year
- J.D.Power and Associates - Press Release

Few points from the release:
Customer Service Index measures satisfaction among vehicle owners who visited their authorized dealership service center for maintenance or repair work during the first 12 to 24 months of ownership.
The study measures overall satisfaction by examining five factors (listed in order of importance):
  • service quality;
  • vehicle pickup;
  • service advisor;
  • service facility; and
  • service initiation.
The 2010 India Customer Service Index (CSI) Study is based on responses from more than 5,800 owners of more than 60 different vehicle models. The study was fielded from May to August 2010 and includes customers who purchased their vehicles between May 2008 and August 2009.

Hi RSM,
is it fair to compare A.S.S of cars with low volumes with the ones in high volumes.

I believe there should be comparision based on sales figures.

For eg: We can say, CSI for car with volumes above 1lakh per year, CSI for cars with volumes of 50 k and so on.

Am surprised too see TATA taking a huge leap forward from deep down last! Good to see Fiat improving too. Toyota below TATA is really shocking!

And Diabloo a Hyundai is good as a Toyota! So no need to get surprised!

FIATs news is no suprise & they will surely exceed Industry average next year!

But sad to see that many people are not happy with Mahindra & Toyota this year.

350Z

Core Team
I’m glad to see Fiat standing up on that position. Since major criterion of this survey is based on manufacturer’s after sales and service quality levels, Fiat has managed to stand on top because being absolutely cautious after re-entering in India, they are full of enthusiasm which probably shows in their customer relation and attitude, whereas the others which are already well-established are doing efforts gradually.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #14
Hi RSM,
is it fair to compare A.S.S of cars with low volumes with the ones in high volumes.

I believe there should be comparision based on sales figures.

For eg: We can say, CSI for car with volumes above 1lakh per year, CSI for cars with volumes of 50 k and so on.
Though I don't know how JD Power does the survey, but seeing the Avg. index to be more than all other manufacturer than Maruti, I am sure the sales figure does make its weightage.

Top Bottom