2010 Common Wealth Games In Delhi, India

Thread Starter #16

350Z

Core Team
Indeed, the opening ceremony was awesome and brilliantly organized. Such events really make the country and its citizens proud. :smile:
the Jawarahalal Nehru Stadium is just WOW!!!! it is soooo beautiful!! i wonder why media was blaming Kalmadi for corruption? he has done a good job!!
Media was accusing government primarily due to last-moment preparations, which at the end, was the common man, the local’ites of city were to bear. Today, Security was extremely tight, and almost all markets were closed, with barely one or two vehicles seen on road at a time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

the Jawarahalal Nehru Stadium is just WOW!!!! it is soooo beautiful!! i wonder why media was blaming Kalmadi for corruption? he has done a good job!!
Type R are you serious? Did you never hear about what all went wrong before? Walkways collapsed,Concrete Roofing fell down, many things were taken for rent at rates that were even higher than actually buying them off the counter itself. Thanks to R.T.I Act and the media, we know what happened and corruption really did happen as usual,no doubt about it. Lot of evidence all around. And the P.M himself had to step in to get things moving fast and straight.
Well, at last a sigh of relief that everything has fallen into place at least now.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #19

350Z

Core Team
I was watching Television and News channel pointed out something notable. The Mascot for Common Wealth Games is Shera (The Tiger) but guess what? It was not at all present during complete opening ceremony. Alas!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Well it is not so surprising,since many senior and famous athletes who represented our nation and brought fame and glory for all of us were not invited, and those who were invited were treated the way the colonials did. Could you believe Milka Singh a.k.a Flying Sikh was made to sit in the common stands and not allowed entry through the V.I.P gates nor was he given a seat in the V.I.P stand. Its a grave insult to him and the nation itself by our very own authorities. I dont understand, if he is not a V.I.P, then who I might ask is?
And when all is being organized in this fashion, what else can happen that can still surprise us ?[confused]
The only thing that is a relief now is that unlike the bureaucrats and politicians, Our athletes are giving in their very best and making it shower Gold.[clap]
They are doing all they can to wipe off the black mark the organizers brought to the games.
I hope that the criminals and foul players who ruined our reputation are not left alone and dealt with in accordance with the law after the CWG gets over.

Last edited:
guys finally games are ending tomorrow..[:)] kudos and congrats to india for winning so many gold medals. [clap]

Thread Starter #24

350Z

Core Team
The closing ceremony of CWG 2010 was again, just remarkable. But where was our President this time?

Drive Safe,
350Z

It must have been spectacular to watch the opening and closing ceremony.

The real heroes were the athletes.

Some pictures of closing ceremony... from internet.

Attachments

excellent pics and fabulous ceremony..guys it was rocking! [clap] feel proud. mods - please delete some posts by children which are posted without any reasoning..

Excellent pictures RSM!

@ Arkin I wont call this as waste of money. Its a matter of pride for us. Such a huge event which has a huge following all over the world and so we show others what India is capable of!

Thread Starter #30

350Z

Core Team
Waste of so much money for a week long carivsl.
I’d have to absolutely disagree with such a statement. It has rather introduced huge development in complete infrastructure of city, and not only this, but also spread the word of our country across the globe and proved what India is actually capable of. Also, today the feeling of pride we have just comes as a bonus. It was the corrupt politics which caused inconvenience, Not the Common Wealth Games.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom