2009 India Customer Service Index (CSI) Study Report

Thread Starter #1
For a 10th consecutive year, Maruti Suzuki ranks highest in customer satisfaction with authorized dealer service in India. Maruti Suzuki achieves an overall CSI score of 824 and performs particularly well in the service advisor and service facility factors. Following Maruti Suzuki in the rankings are Honda (791) and Mahindra (757).

Safety and convenience are basic needs for customers, said Arora. "Providing 24/7 roadside assistance is likely to provide customers with the sense of added comfort in their hour of need and is also likely to add to their satisfaction both with the dealership and vehicle brand."
The 2009 India Customer Service Index (CSI) Study is based on responses from more than 5,800 owners of nearly 50 different vehicle models. The study was fielded from May to August 2009 and includes customers who had purchased their vehicles between May 2007 and August 2008.

Source - JD Power

Thread Starter #3
Yes it is just a perception that Hyundai is good.

I think Maruti and Honda is way ahead. Skoda and FIAt are at bottom. Tata is moving up, hope FIAT also moves-up.

Also one more surprising thing is that all car manufacturers are not very far away from the industry average.

Vroom

napster

Suspended
great, fiat re entered the market with new moels and it could move over skoda soo soon, great!
hope it moves mroe further

Arun

Suspended
Maruti tops the list,purely because it has been around for a long time. Many people buy a Maruti considering the A.S.S will be top notch anywhere in India. Maruti treats customers well, too bad the car doesn't recieve the same treatment. The guys overlook minor problems.[frustration]

Its customer's verdict.
i am a mahindra & a toyota customer as well. i am a huge scorpio fan, but i would still rate toyota's service infinetely better than mahindra's. if someone is getting better service in mahindra in any mumbai's A.S.S, please PM me!

Ha ha !

The same question here too Raj!

Has TATA become too good or Hyundai gone worse [shock]
i think hyundai must have gone worse!

Thread Starter #11
i am a mahindra & a toyota customer as well. i am a huge scorpio fan, but i would still rate toyota's service infinetely better than mahindra's. if someone is getting better service in mahindra in any mumbai's A.S.S, please PM me!

i think hyundai must have gone worse!
Its not about individual my dear. I have maruti and fiat, i can rate Fiat service better than Maruti.

Even my personal experience with Hyundai (my best friend have Accent), is extremely good..

Last edited:
The article on JDPower does not talk about how the sampling is divided. For e.g., are the number of Hyundai and Mahindra users interviewed the same or is this number based on sales? Well, I feel factors like these will make a huge difference.

Cheers,
Vroom

good to see fiat up there![clap]
somehow i have always found servicing of my palio a better experience than that of my getz.
actually hyundai services mostly were pathetic!!

i agree that maruti tops largely because its been here for a long time and at present has an unmatched service network.

TATA ranking is a surprise!

Top Bottom