2006 Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 SLX - Evaluation

Thread Starter #1
Hi,
This is to inform you that we are planning to sell our 2006 April Mahindra Scorpio 2.6 Turbo CRDe SLX model done 58,000 KM. The car is registered in Gurgaon. HR-26 AD 6527. We have booked an XUV 500 W8 model in Oct 2011. Will get delivery on 8th March 2012 as per mail from Mahindra.Went for an evaluation check at mahindra first choice at MG Rd,Gurgaon. The sales rep after carefully watching the car and driving it gave us a quote of Rs 4.25 Lakh, around 1.25 lakh less than internet car evaluation site by Carwale.com. Experts please let me know where can i evaluate the car as i have to sell the vehicle before 29th Feb 2012 so that we can pay the downpayment for XUV 500.

350Z

Core Team
Perfect evaluation can be done only after inspecting the car in person. Usually authorized dealerships like Mahindra First Choice quote a lower price and after spending little amount for refurbishment (if at all required) sell off the same car at higher price. Just inquire what Mahindra itself (from where XUV is booked) is quoting for this car. If the price seems to be justified then it does make some sense to exchange where you can also receive an additional exchange bonus too. If you are keen on selling off the car at fully justified (or even marginally higher) price, then watch out for individual buyers in used car market. Mahindra Scorpio is in huge demand especially the well maintained models. Please read through these articles for a few important tips:

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f.../2771-tips-enhance-resale-value-your-car.html

- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...w-write-effective-used-car-advertisement.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

A 6 yr old Scorpio SLX should easily go for around 5 Lacs, if not more. That would be if the car is in a poor conditions & needs lot of work to be done on it.

Dont go to such agents like Mahindra First Choice. Instead try private buyers. Put up your ad on the internet. Try websites like Carwale & OLX. Or try some small time dealers.

i would suggest put up a word with your trusted neighborhood garage/ battery dealers/ tyre mechanics.

and see how much you are overwhelmed with better offers.

same happened to us when we sold 1994 armada in jan for more then expected price.

add to it afterwards when we told people to stop inquiring about the car as the deal was fixed peeps were even going about to better others quote. [;)]

Thread Starter #6
Thanks everyone for advice. i will upload the pics of the Scorpio. The Mahindra dealer, Sterling motors quoted it Rs 4.75Lakhs yesterday which i think is still undervalued for the top end model.

It is obvious for them to quote a very low price as they are not buying it for themselves, they have to sell it. The less they give for it and more they get is what decides their PROFIT - thats what matters to them.

Put up an ad on the internet, try Carwale, OLX, Quickr and Sulekha(must) !! You will find hell lot of buyers and if you've kept it well, then Good Luck !! Buyers will eat your head up and will go around you a thousand times to convince to sell it off to them.

You can easily get an amount close to your quoted price if not the same. Dealers should stictly be avoided.

Also, please get it evaluated from your trusted mechanic and be aware of the flaws if any in your vehicle, buyers prefer an honest seller for sure. Let them know the problems and the price they will have to spend for it.

Good Luck[thumbsup]

Thread Starter #12
The car was sold for INR 4.75 lakhs. now waiting for the new XUV 500 W8 (4X2) (silver color) to arrive.Delivery in 1-2 days, finance matters in process!!! yahooo!!!

lxi.

Suspended
The car was sold for INR 4.75 lakhs. now waiting for the new XUV 500 W8 (4X2) (silver color) to arrive.Delivery in 1-2 days, finance matters in process!!! yahooo!!!
Thats a nice value you got! Cheers. Heartiest Congratulations for the XUV !

Raj, he said he has booked the car in Oct 201.
Sorry for pointing out mistake, But its 2011, not 201 :stupid:

Top Bottom