2004 Mini Cooper S

Thread Starter #1
My apologies, its been brought to my attention that this post according to the guidelines. I will update it as soon as I have time available.

Hey everyone,

As some of you may have seen in my intro and I'm here to learn about the car culture in India. I've been encouraged to post a write up on my experience with my mini. A little back ground first: I'm a university student studying in the US but I'm from Europe and my family still lives here.

Owning a mini as some of you may know isn't exactly a reliable experience, and you should never trust a manufacturer who claims your car is delivered with "lifetime fluid" Both the supercharger and transmission apparently never need their oil changed ... Yea Right. Of course we all know that this is because BMW doesnt want to do those services while the car is still under warranty. So when I got my car 3 years ago those are some of the first things I did. I dont know if SeaFoam is commercially available in India, but its a product I'd definitely reccomend to rid your motor and heads of carbon build up. While ive had the main problems that came up were the alternator went out and I burnt through the clutch. Oil changes are done every 2500 miles just to be sure, and synthetic only. Perhaps the most expensive aspect of a mini is the tires though. Somehow mini's seem to chew up tires faster than my friend's corvette. But all in all I dont think many true car enthusiasts buy a car just for reliability, and to be honest the mini is still one of the most fun cars i've ever driven. If you guys are interested in more information please tell me or ask questions and i'll be here to respond!

Love the atmosphere of this forum already

Thomas

Last edited:

Fazer

Suspended

350Z

Core Team
As some of you may have seen in my intro and I'm here to learn about the car culture in India. I've been encouraged to post a write up on my experience with my mini. A little back ground first: I'm a university student studying in the US but I'm from Europe and my family still lives here.
Nice and a quick review, Thomas. Since Mini has recently launched a few models in India, I’m more keen to learn about its ownership aspect. And what else could be better than hearing about it straight from the owner himself? I look forward to a comprehensive review soon. Meanwhile, Please don't forget to upload some pictures. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom