2 Idiots, 2 Wheels, 2 Days and 831 Kilometers. A Trip to Badrinath.

Hats off to you and your friend for driving till cliff top that too on 2 wheeler on this very challenging road, good updates Vipul, waiting for next.

Thread Starter #32
^^Thanks buddy,you can find the video of the ride towards clifftop on page no.2..it was really a fantastic ride.In fact I'd say that you made a mistake by not going there by your car..

Here are some pics for those who wanna see the vehicles reached on Clifftop,via the same undriveable road(Image courtesy:Our own Toughguy):-

Place above the clifftop where the cable car drops the passengers:-
1.JPG

Vehicles at parking near Clifftop:-
5.JPG

We found this truck too parked at Clifftop which has left us thinking how it could have reached here:-
3.JPG

^^Thanks buddy,you can find the video of the ride towards clifftop on page no.2..it was really a fantastic ride.In fact I'd say that you made a mistake by not going there by your car..
You are most welcome brother, i will correct that mistake on my next trip to Auli, by the way one can see the large circular water storage tank in the below pic beneath which the snow making machines are placed same is installed and operated by help of some foreigners, this is use to produce snow in case of delay or less snowfall to keep skiing games running as told by our local guide.

1.JPG

Last edited:
Thread Starter #34
This tank was dry as usual...only difference is that this time they had covered its sides with some grey colored thick rubber mats.

Here is one more pic:-
1.JPG

You know what,this tank etc etc all are made by UPRNN(Uttar Pradesh Rajkiya Nirman Nigam)Dehradun unit,the same unit in which my father was a RE(Residence engineer-Civil)before he entered politics and then business...so I just clicked this pic to show it to him.

Thread Starter #35
Okay guys..now it was already 2:30 and hence we both had one maggie and tea there and left for Badrinath:-
Since the whole road was a decline so we saved a lot of petrol too and drove back in neutral only.

On the way from Joshimath to Badrinath:-
First of all there was a continuous decline for about 7-8 kilometers and then came a good 2 lane road which kept on climbing only till Badrinath.At this place there runs only one-way every three hours and traffic is stopped at Joshimath or Badrinath as per the plan.Still some vehicle owners are intello enough to jump their barriers and leave according to their wish.

Clicked this mountain for no reason:-
1.JPG

Road was flown away by a landslide and this jugaad was made there,but still the stream looked very pleasing:-
2.JPG

Typical Vipul style..:biggrin::-
14.JPG
3.JPG

The stream:-
7.JPG

The road:-
6.JPG

The typical Vipul's company...:stupid::-
16.JPG

nice man
good on you
it was a nice trip even i enjoyed looking at the pictures

that pic where cars parked at cliff top has sharp colors. loved it.

you seem to be a travel guy

Thread Starter #37
^^Thanks buddy,although we did it all in just two days but we stopped at every view point and thoroughly enjoyed them.Instead we compromised this time on the road by riding at quite good speed and covering at least 60-70 kms in one go and hence we did both works together..enjoying beauty and covering distance swiftly.

Here are more:-

On moving ahead there was some dam and after the dam we found this beautiful looking stream:-
8.JPG

A glacier:-
9.JPG

The road was no more on reaching above Hanuman chatti near Badrinath:-
10.JPG

Glacial water crossing the road..there are 6-7 such spots on the 6-7 kilometers long stretch:-
11.JPG

A massive traffic jam due to a minor landslide(This is again the same place where every year hundreds of people are killed due to landslides flowing away the vehicles into the cliff):-
12.JPG
13.JPG
15.JPG

MORE TO COME....

that must have been a mindblowing trip. I enjoyed it just by reading the travelogue!
And the title is awesome.. rated 5 stars for that! :tongue:
btw, does your dad know that you went by bike? [;)]

Thread Starter #39
Thanks buddy.
Now we will be moving towards Badrinath..but I'll have to resize the pics and all hence will upload them tomorrow morning.Sorry for taking such long time!![cry]

Thread Starter #40
Complete pic of the glacier:-
1.JPG

There was one more small glacier,whose water was passing through the road itself:-
2.JPG

JAI BADRI VISHAL!!!
Soon we reached Badrinath in the evening and saw this beautiful scene:-
3.JPG

River flowing just below our queue for visiting the temple:-
4.JPG

Snow covered hills:-
5.JPG

About 1 km long queue of people for visiting the temple:-
6.JPG

The temple:-
7.JPG
8.JPG

Thread Starter #41
Next morning I woke up at 5 am and as soon as I stepped out on my room I was like..wow!!
There was very scenic beauty all around..

Only snow covered peaks were all around:-
10.JPG
11.JPG

When early morning sunlight fell on those peaks:-
12.JPG

Again we visited the temple,the river below:-
13.JPG

Me..as usual-HALF UNCONSCIOUS!!:biggrin::-
14.JPG

After this,we headed towards the 'LAST INDIAN VILLAGE'-Mana village.
After which the Indo-China border starts...
There was mesmerizing beauty at the place..pics to follow soon...

man vipul
u didnt even notice
but your have taken some breathtaking shots man !!

good on you

your an artist ( kalaakar hai bhai )

Wow!!!

A wonderful trip and nice pictures

I am late to this thread (one month tour has left a lot to catch up)

Keep posting.

Thread Starter #44
Now after visiting the temple again,now we moved on towards Mana village which is three kilometers away from Badrinath.As already mentioned,the mesmerizing beauty of this place had no match:-

A small stream on our way:-
3.JPG

Scenic beauty all around:-
2.JPG

We entered Mana with this board:-
13.JPG

The road ahead:-
1.JPG

Some description etc etc...
4.JPG

After that we reached BHIM PUL..
5.JPG
6.JPG

Is there anything special in this pic of Bhim pul??
19.JPG

After this we moved towards the famous 'Bharat ki aakhiri chai ki dukaan'(India's last tea shop)..:biggrin:

Last edited:
Thread Starter #45
After visiting Bhim pul,we had three bottles of Amul kool each at a shop called 'Bharat ki aakhiri dukaan(India's last shop)' and moved upwards towards the famous 'Bharat ki aakhiri chai ki dukaan'(India's last tea shop).
Now let the pics speak..

At the Bharat ki aakhiri dukaan..again I am partially unconscious..:biggrin:
7.JPG

Now we moved upwards towards the another shop(these are two shops on two different ways and both are the India's last shops on their ways):-
20.JPG

Shree Ganesh gufa..this place is known to be the place where Lord Ganesha wrote the Mahabharata with Maharshi Ved Vyas reciting it to him:-
8.JPG

Mana village is adopted by SBI and here is one board saying"Bharat ki aakhiri chai ki dukaan":-
9.JPG

Haha..now came to senses.:tongue:
18.JPG

After this we had chai and monaco biscuits at the shop and read the various news came in various newspapers about this shop..
After this shop there is a 14-15 kms long walkway to reach border road,from where one can reach the Indo-China border too..

Pics to follow....[:)]

Top Bottom