1998 Yamaha RX135 Restoration: Completed

Sathish, get rid of that dent on the silencer. Should be an easy job. Any half good mechanic should be able to open and hammer it in place. Even if requires cutting and re-welding the bend pipe, the result would be worth it.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Sathish, get rid of that dent on the silencer. Should be an easy job. Anynhalf good mechanic should be able to open and hammer it in place.
This silencer is from my RXG. Original silencer (dent free) is yet to be plated.
Will be replacing it soon. [:)]

Get it plated from someone who knows what he is doing; as I had mentioned earlier, incorrect platung would punch pinholes on the surface of the silencer and you shall have 2T oil oozing out of them even on short rides.

Thread Starter #22
Get it plated from someone who knows what he is doing; as I had mentioned earlier, incorrect platung would punch pinholes on the surface of the silencer and you shall have 2T oil oozing out of them even on short rides.
Thanks Sam. Will take care of this point.

Looks good. Hope its dent/pinhole free. Am sure you got it decarbonized too. Cant wait to hear the sound clip[clap]!

What premix are you running? I use 50ml/litre on my restored Roadking.

Thread Starter #28
Looks good. Hope its dent/pinhole free. Am sure you got it decarbonized too. Cant wait to hear the sound clip[clap]!

What premix are you running? I use 50ml/litre on my restored Roadking.
Hi Sam,

Yes, it is dent/pin hole free[:D] and decarbonized too.
I'm running with 4% premix (till running-in and later will reduce to 3~3.5%)

Its aftermarket chrome after all - take good care to protect it from the elements. Keep the RX packed with a coat of grease over all chromed parts, especially the rims, spokes, and the silencer during the rains. Hope you have a covered parking.

Thread Starter #30
Its aftermarket chrome after all - take good care to protect it from the elements. Keep the RX packed with a coat of grease over all chromed parts, especially the rims, spokes, and the silencer during the rains. Hope you have a covered parking.
I'm very much worried about the next monsoon. Is there an alternate for grease? Because coating with grease will turn as a dirt magnet.

Top Bottom