1990 Contessa "Pure Modified Mustang"

Thread Starter #1
29092010411i.jpg

29092010409i.jpg

Ok i have found something "rare" here in indore. saw this thing running on the roads & got shocked sometimes as it looks almost like a mustang. I met the guy personally today, he wants to sell it for 1.8L. Now he has turned it into a 2 door WITH rear seats also & slanting the whole rear glass window to give it that mustang look. The overall job is done neat & paint is also gud. He claims it has a 2.4L isuzu petrol [shock] I dont think he may be right coz isuzu came under 2.0L. plz clarify guys.

The car also has:-
* 225/40-17 Maxxis tyres
* foldable indica front seats
* sony xplod 12inch sub, 4 6x9 pioneer speakers & sony 4 channel amp with basic xplod cd player
* power windows
* Full FFE with headers
* OE Ford Mustang emblem (he claims so)

NOW the question is, is this a good deal??? should i buy it? wat abt spare parts etc? i drove the car, its flying!! everything seems to be fine for now. Hell its a serious head turner!![glasses]

Some more pics he sent me through bluetooth:-
His swift on the right, notice the OE mustang logo on the contessa's front
235400.jpg

Interior
2367800.jpg

The guy seems to have good tastes and good ideas. Unluckily, the finish of the work is rather poor. Why exactly does he want to sell it?
Anyway, good effort, but I've seen better Mustang-wannabe contessas.

Looks good. and price is justified i hope.

We have a contessa turned into mustang err stopped in half way a year back. rear portions have come well . still its in that stage itself since the owner is short of fund!

^I beg to differ. I would call the work done on it far from neat. Just look at the rear windscreen, how the boot curves into the boot. That says it all.

^I beg to differ. I would call the work done on it far from neat. Just look at the rear windscreen, how the boot curves into the boot. That says it all.
Yeah, just noticed the rear. I was carried away by the Mustang logo and the grill so failed to notice the rear.

350Z

Core Team
Nice work done on a poor Contessa but it has too much of bling-bling in an effort to give it a muscle car look, just a little loud for my taste. Personally speaking, I’d avoid going in for a second-hand car which has been heavily modified already, however, if you’re in extremely love with this one, and ready to throw away money on such a model, then please do a thorough inspection of complete car with help of a qualified mechanic, the car may be flying on streets now but it anyway remains a decades old model. Otherwise, what I suggest, if you are so passionate for modified rides, purchase a second and Lancer for similar price range, spend about a half lakh and you’ll get going with the head turning factor! I’m serious. Just do a search and you’ll come across many Lancers out there in the Pre-owned car bazaar.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I'd go in for a stock contessa GLX in mint condition, repaint it 2k black, change to alloys, get Napa Red art leather seats (No, I don't kill cows), a decent ICe, K&N filters, exhaust and exhaust, that's it! A few decent chrome bits in addition, & a spoiler maybe.
That would look may better.

The Contessa looked great in the first two pictures but when viewed from the front its kinda looking okay only! Why does he want to sell his car after spending so much on it first?

Swift is looking horrible!!

Hi Shonty

How did you spend for it,and where did you done this works,

I am plan to get a old contessa for my father's birthday's gift, pls give some suggest to change from this also,

He loves his car in teenage, that's'y it's a surprise gift for him,

I want's change other thinks also,with latest regstn in tamilnadu with my fancy no,..
Awaiting as soon

Last edited:

Top Bottom