1981 Yezdi D250 Classic Restoration

Mr,Sundar,I strongly advise you to go for a Genuine Roadking as it will bring the Originality of the bike,Which is better than buying a D or C and Modding it to look like the Roadking.Thank you

Yes.They are.They give only 20 Kmpl in citys.Try to get hands on the Roadking models produed after 1995.They have fixed some issues.Thank you

CDI Roadkings do give better kmpl than points ignition ones, but that is like saying cancer is better than AIDS.

If you need more kmpl on a Roadking, take off the original Jikov carb fitted on it and replace it with a Pacco carb and set the slide needle on the second notch. Well tuned Roadkings fitted with Pacco carbs on this setting, if ridden carefully give around 32-35 kmpl.

The Roadking feels liberated on the Jikov. If I were worried about kmpl, I'd buy a Bajaj Platina.

Last edited:
Looks like just out the showroom. Great work dude! Is this a daily runner? How do you feel using this regularly on road?

@Ananth_pn that is a looker Bro. looks FAB brings back memory of our old Roadking. That classic is a roaring lion for sure. Wish to own one some day, in case u plan on selling do let me know. ill be the first in line.[:D].

Kudos again for bringing it back to glory.Enjoy riding it.

Ananth, Your Bike looks great, appreciate your attempt to keep originality. Your post is the inspiration for starting my bike restoration.
I have few queries as i am also restoring my D 250 classic
1. Gold color line in mud guard, petrol tank and headlight, that line is glorifying the beauty. Is that line is painted? or radium?
2. What about labor/fitting charge? How much it costs while restoring.
Thanks in advance.

Top Bottom