14 Year Young Devil on Wheels - Preloved Yamaha RX135

Hi Mr Boss - Very nice thread and regular updadtes - Keep it up mate

Bullets / RX100 / RX135 were always the 1st crush for Indian Teenagers [;)]

Good thing about the restoration project is that the parts and accessories are still available [clap]

Thread Starter #32
you can go for the broader tyres instead of the stock this will greatly improve it's handling and braking prowess.
Thanks dude.
Rear tyre is already brand new (Dunlop in stock size). I'm changing only the front tyre now. I don't think a broader tyre in front is necessary.

Bullets / RX100 / RX135 were always the 1st crush for Indian Teenagers

Good thing about the restoration project is that the parts and accessories are still available
Thanks dude.
Parts are still available, but the thing is most of them are not genuine (Fake parts packed in genuine covers)

Hi Boss,
Me too from Coimbatore.I heard that Adithya is giving an offer for Yamaha Fuel tank. If you buy the tank, then the side doors are free it seems.
I have started my Yamaha RX135 restoration today morning in Hosur. But i always felt to get all the parts (Except Engine) from coimbatore itself.The rates here i enquired i always too expensive compared to there.
Engine will be opened today.Tommrow evening he promised me to give the bike back after engine rework.I need to test and fine tune.

The engine parts has been bought back from CNC workshop.He will start the fittings by evening 4.00 PM.
Once the engine is set then, i will do the cosmetic upgrades.

Thread Starter #35
Guys,
Devil inside my mind is thinking something off the track, "WHY NOT CONVERT RX135 to RX-Z???"

Is it possible to convert? I hope the frame needs some modification for fuel tank, seat & side panel fitment. If the modifications are minimal, I'm ready to do.

Thread Starter #37
I would say keep the classic RX100 look. Personally, I'd say it looks much better than the contrived RXZ.
Even I had the same thought. But the old school look is quite boring and especially wify is inclined towards the looks of RXZ than RX100 [:D]

Thread Starter #38
Upgraded the headlight in my RX (budget upgrade, without any electrical modifications)

HL Reflectors : DCM Toyota (Autopal make, 146mm) : 120 INR
Bulb : HS1 Osram Cool Blue MEGA 12V 35/35W: 200 INR
Connectors : H4 with custom made mating connectors for OE wiring harness : 50 INR
Labour : 0 : Complete DIY
Total cost : 370 INR [:)]

Housing the new reflector inside the OE headlamp ring is less than 10 minutes job (I have already done a similar job earlier, so little bit of experience)

Output is 200% better than the OE lamp. Low beam gives a wide & uniform spread and the high beam is more than sufficient to make the Truckies and cabbies dip their high beams.

The one on the left is Autopal reflector and the right one is OE.
IMG_0199.jpg

Got a better lighting without spoiling the OE looks.[clap]

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

Thread Starter #40
Looking cool. Could you please post a night shot of the headlamp beam spread?
Sure dude. But I forgot to take the snaps of OE lighting for comparison.
Will post the snaps tonight.

Got Bosch 12V 35/35W HS1 bulb today and tried it. Outcome is pretty decent, but bright as Osram Cool Blue. Still I would stick with the Bosch bulb atleast till the end of monsoon.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #41
Got some black shadows when using Osram Cool blue bulb, on inspection found the below defect [frustration]

Didn't notice this when I bought it or even during the assembly. Waste of money and a good lesson learned.

IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0211.JPG

Nice thread and awesome thread. Am a great fan of Rx135 and 100. I had one couple of years back but sold it off. My BIL still got one and recently restored it. Here are some pics.

Attachments

Thread Starter #43
Nice thread and awesome thread. Am a great fan of Rx135 and 100. I had one couple of years back but sold it off. My BIL still got one and recently restored it. Here are some pics.
Rear 16" rims with chunky tyres are eye catching. Nice restoration.
If possible please share the cost breakdown for restoration, that would be helpful for the fellow members.

BTW, what headlamp is that? How about the beam throw?

Rear 16" rims with chunky tyres are eye catching. Nice restoration.
If possible please share the cost breakdown for restoration, that would be helpful for the fellow members.

BTW, what headlamp is that? How about the beam throw?
I dont have much details reagrding this. Light throw is good. He changed all the parts and replaced it. Everything came to 18k.

Thread Starter #45
Beast is about to touch the 75k km mileage.
It's time for restoration now. Chennai members, please help me with a trusted mechanic around Tambaram for restoration (reliable and cheap too)

Top Bottom