14 Year Young Devil on Wheels - Preloved Yamaha RX135

Mr. Bozz, its a great find. It has the beat after bullet. I loved this one. But I was never able to get one.

I had driven one couple of times. From the beginning either I had suzuki or bajaj bikes and in both cases gears movement were same. So when ever I take RX100, I will get confused for first couple of KMs then get used to it.

As Sam said the price for the parts could be high and as well as for painting. Did you got the quote from Chennai or from CBE. in either case try cross verifying in other shops and both cities.

Thread Starter #17
Thanks Sethu

As Sam said the price for the parts could be high and as well as for painting. Did you got the quote from Chennai or from CBE. in either case try cross verifying in other shops and both cities.
Got the quote from Chennai only.
Yet to check with my regular mechanic (may be by this week end)

Will keep you updated.

Mr.Boss

Congrats buddy !! This was the bike for which my heart cries always !! I owned one during my college days a blue RX 100 and it is really unique.

Seat looks something different, the original seat should be really good and that tank cover is not good, however you planned a big changes to your RX, hope to see it again soon after its restoration

Thread Starter #19
Friends,

Which of the below Stickering scheme looks good for Rx?

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

[Pictures taken from Google search]

Congrats buddy !! This was the bike for which my heart cries always !! I owned one during my college days a blue RX 100 and it is really unique.
Thanks dude.
I was looking for RX100 only, but I couldn't get one in decent condition.
What about your RX dude? Sold it?

@Boss,

Second pic looks good to me which was just like the old one, but the one I had just only YAMAHA steel words and plain paint and I like that very much

Oh !! mine was a second hand one and sold in early nineties [:)]

My vote also goes to second one. first and third looks like some waht flashy. and the second one looks like stock sticker [ could be stock sticker also]

Thread Starter #22
Second pic looks good to me which was just like the old one, but the one I had just only YAMAHA steel words and plain paint and I like that very much
My vote also goes to second one. first and third looks like some waht flashy. and the second one looks like stock sticker [ could be stock sticker also]
First one is the stock sticker for 98 RX135.
Second one is from 2004 model (i'm not sure)
Third is for 5 speed model.

Looks are subjective. No one can decide what would appeal to you. Thee first snap is of the RX135. The second one is the original RX100 and the third one is the RX135 5 Speed. Personally, I would stay away from the third one.

I think based on last 3 posts, I suggest you go for the second one. Am sure it will look great. When you are planning to retain your stock indicators and others, I suggest you to have stock sticker too.

Thread Starter #25
Starting a new DIY. 2T Oil level indicator for my devil.
Will complete it before this weekend.

Thread Starter #28
Starting a new DIY. 2T Oil level indicator for my devil.
Prime the 2T pump properly else you might suffer a siezed piston. Awaiting snaps of your DIY indicator.
Here is the DIY thread
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...oil-level-indicator-yamaha-rx.html#post219075

Bozz you have not posted any pics after you changing the tank sticker. why don't you post recent pic your bike?
Sethu, painting and stickering yet to be done.

Thread Starter #29
Quick update: Restoration started [clap]

Restoration will be done is 2 stages. 1st is the engine rebuild and 2nd stage will be cosmetic upgrade. Initially thought of making a cosmetic make-over only as I felt nothing wrong with the engine / transmission. But my mechanic strongly objected for cosmetic make-over alone.

Opened the engine last evening and surprised that it is still virgin. She clocked 66k km and still running with stock bore and piston [surprise] asked him to inspect the bore and piston whether the same to be used or re-boring required. Yet to get feedback from him. Packing kit lost its life some years back, we could find a lot of oil inside dynamo. Also the rubber packing in clutch is week, which makes a kind of irritating noise at sudden acceleration.

Planned repair / replacement:
- Re-bore (if required) and change Piston + rings (else change rings alone)
- Change crankshaft bearings
- Change crankshaft (observed a hair line crack at piston end, not sure whether this happened while dismantling)
- Change spark plug, packing kit
- Change clutch rubber packing
- Clean carburetor, silencer and oil pump (already completed)

Along with this I am also getting my wheel bearings, brake shoes and Front tyre replaced.

After the engine rebuild, planning to run her for 2k km to check for performance / any other issues / fine tuning and then proceed with cosmetic upgrade. I don't want her to visit the garage again after cosmetic make-over.

Will keep you guys updated.

Cheers.

All the best for your effort to restore this japanese pocket rocket. you can go for the broader tyres instead of the stock this will greatly improve it's handling and braking prowess.

Top Bottom