10 lakhs - Sedan or SUV?

Sedan or SUV?

• Sedan

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • SUV

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
I would opt for an SUV, and more specifically, a Scorpio because:

1. Sedans feel claustrophobic when driving in the city as compared to SUVs, which also command some respect. Having driven both in similarly congested areas, I was better off in an SUV.
2. SUVs have hardy build, hence not as delicate as sedans. Minor shunts here and there don't tear the bumper and side beads off.
3. Cabbies, autorickshaws and two-wheelers are **** scared of SUVs.
4. SUVs have good and steady cruising ability on the highway
5. Occasional trips over the divider and tram tracks are possible only IN SUVs due to their ground clearances, unlike sedans, which may get trapped.

I think sedan is the best bet, unless you have to carry 5+ people. Sedans are easy to drive, much more stable, has a good ride and fuel efficient.

And at the price band, it is sedan for me. My SUV buy would be more expensive or i'll take Innova which is out of list.

Frankly speaking I would vouch for a SUV. Firstly there are not enough choices if you look closely about sub 10L sedan market on the contrary there are ample SUV which you can opt for.

Secondly any day the road presence of an innova or safari are way better then a sedan(all my personal opinion though no harm).

AMG

Suspended
SUV for me as we have two dogs and cant take them in a sedan.

More specifically, the new safari(upcoming)

not to nitpic, but, the Civic, and Corolla, dont fit in under 11 lakh ON ROAD.

If you were to choose between the two, I would suggest the Civic for sure.

And, again, for a car in under 11 lakhs, I would suggest between "fully loaded" AllNew Honda City V-MT, and Fiat Linea T-Jet ( turbo petrol )

Cheers!

AMG

Suspended
^

This is not a what car querry.

This is just a poll.

Just give your own openion and not suggestions.

Sorry if it sounds rude.

It is very difficult to choose one which is why i have not voted yet. I would love to own an SUV but within a budget of 10lacs, i would prefer a sedan.

^

This is not a what car querry.

This is just a poll.

Just give your own openion and not suggestions.

Sorry if it sounds rude.
my bad.

I would go with a Sedan any day because. . .
1. It suits my driving style
2. Handling is better than in-same-class SUVs
3. Sedans are fast.

Interesting thread! Actually it depends upon the place to which we drive daily and use the car , if its going to be normal tarmac roads most of the times i prefer a sedan. But if its going to be bad non-existent roads it has to be SUV! But in this price band i prefer a sedan , if its SUV i want something like Fortuner or Aria!

My choice would be an SUV, if the maintenance costs are comparable to that of a Sedan in that budget range.

After having owned a sedan (Nissan Versa) for 5 years, I went straight for an SUV (the Mighty Muscular [:D])

In India, you get lot of respect (both on road and off-road [family, friends] ) when you own a SUV ! It is purely my personal opinion [glasses]

In my opinion, it is always SUV in India. There are few reasons why you should own SUV rather than sedan
(1) Commanding view offered by SUVs are far better than Sedans which makes easy to drive in the city (I personally own SVU and hatchback). I prefer to drive SUV than hatchback for the commanding view.
(2) Can handle all type of roads. Most people may not afford to buy all type of cars based on the kind of road they travel. So, it is better to pickup the vehicle which can handle most roads.
(3) Sedans can be driven more faster than SUVs but how often do you involve in racing? Even, SUVs can be driven faster but not comparable to most modern sedans
(4) As others pointed out, when I drive SUV, I naturally get respect from 2-wheelers and auto rickshaws and other cars.
(5) Many people generally say parking issues with SUVs. But, I don't agree with that as both sedans and SUVs are having more or less equal lengths so parking is again depend on the driver's capability.
(6) Occassionaly, if you have to carry more people, sedans may not help and people might not prefer to rent car also here.

All these are my personal opinions.

Top Bottom