10 lakhs - Sedan or SUV?

Sedan or SUV?

• Sedan

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • SUV

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters
Thread Starter #1
Guys, this is not a sedan v/s SUV thread nor is this a comparo between various models. We all know both has its own pros & cons.

But here, we wish to know that if you had a buget of say 9-11 lakhs, would you prefer a SUV or would you go for a sedan?

in this budget, the sedans that come to my mind are corolla, civic, optra, octavia, etc. while the SUVs are scorpio & safari. innova & tavera are not considered as they are MUVs.

many say that in the city, sedans are easy to park & drive because of its small dimensions. on the other hand, many say that SUVs are easier to drive in the city because of their driving position, good visibility & that everybody makes way for an SUV!

out on the highway, many would feel that sedans offer a better ride quality, better handling & is more sure footed at high speeds compared to the rock-n-roll SUVs! still, many others would feel that on the highways, SUVs offer that sense of safety because of their size & heavy metal & that SUVs are not pushed off the road by truckers as is the case with sedans.

so whats your take on this? sedan or SUV?

11.jpg

22.jpg

Last edited:
I have voted for Sedan.
I feel for mostly City driving, Sedan is better option. However, if the travel is more on highways and for bigger families, SUV should be the option.

Thread Starter #8
i would go for civic cause of its ride quality, handling , built quality and the company
SEDAN . I would go for the octavia 1.8T
i voted for sedan
i would go for a Honda Civic! [evil]
I will go for Civic !
whether you go for civic or octavia, its not the issue here, you go for a sedan!

I voted for Sedan and would go for Luara
the title reads 10 Lakhs, a new laura is not available in that price. we are not considering second hand cars.

I have voted for Sedan.
I feel for mostly City driving, Sedan is better option. However, if the travel is more on highways and for bigger families, SUV should be the option.
ONLY YOU have given the appropriate answer, ONLY you have understood the meaning of this this thread! [thumbswink]

Guys, please read my post again- espaecially the part marked in bold.

Guys, this is not a sedan v/s SUV thread nor is this a comparo between various models. We all know both has its own pros & cons.

But here, we wish to know that if you had a budget of say 9-11 lakhs, would you prefer a SUV or would you go for a sedan?

I would prefer a SUV over a sedan as it offers a more comfortable driving position with good visibility in the city as well as on the highways. also, its generous ground clearance is a boon on the highways. in india, the mighty one rules on the road, whether in city or on highways, so i have voted for the SUV.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are correct [:)]

Though I prefer SUV personally, I will go for sedan - Honda Civic in my case- in that price segment for following reasons:

1. There is only Scorpio and Safari to be picked up in this range and the security features available in this price tag is not good enough.
  2. Weight to power ratio is better.
  3. Civic is better for long term use.
  4. Both Safari and Scorpio are still getting matured in the technological area compared to current Civic.

350Z

Core Team
This is an interesting thread. Selection of a sedan or a SUV depends on the needs of buyer, No matters how big the budget they have.

If my car will be mostly used to carry people (Especially in Joint Families) or I've to frequently visit the highways and those dusty village kind terrain, I'll simply pick an SUV without any second thought, But if I've a small family of max 4-5 persons and the car is 90% used in city then who cares to buy an SUV?

Its a simple fact that Huge Car = Huge money on maintenance and Running costs, So when my need can be easily satisfied from a sedan why will I go for a SUV which a pain to drive in congested city areas.

Around 4-5months back our relative who runs a factory was planning to buy a car in budget of 20-25 lakhs, He checked out few cars and found a used Mercedes Benz E-Class in mint condition but left it because he had to freuently visit the factory which was out of the town and the roads are in very bad condition and a luxury car's suspension like of Merc-E isn't capable enough to fight with them, So he finally chose a Mitsubishi Pajero which is perfectly suited for this kind of purpose.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Attachments

whether you go for civic or octavia, its not the issue here, you go for a sedan!
Guys, please read my post again- espaecially the part marked in bold.
I would prefer a SUV over a sedan as it offers a more comfortable driving position with good visibility in the city as well as on the highways. also, its generous ground clearance is a boon on the highways. in india, the mighty one rules on the road, whether in city or on highways, so i have voted for the SUV.
I had voted a SEDAN. Dint mention why,but the reason was obvious i.e more of city driving.I am more inclined towards fast cars.

& the name octavia 1.8t was mentioned because it just met my needs.Like it fits perfectly in the budget,strong build,150 horses,etc.

for me it would only be a sedan at this price
mainly because
-SUVs at this price are highly uncompetitive to the sedans(i know this sounds weird)
-i do not want to own a Scorpio/Safari(sorry Raj), if i want a SUV i would only buy CR-V or Captiva
and maybe Endeavour (rich spoilt kid! [:D]
-i love high speed and the SUVs at this price cannot handle 190+ km/h speed (trust me i would really drive this fast)
-if you go to a rich and famous party, it would look better if you arrive in a civic/altis than a scorpio/safari

Its actually SUV for me !

But i would definitely like to spend around 17Lakhs for my SUV!

So in this budget, i love to go for Civic, which gives extreme driving pleasure & ride quality

Thread Starter #15
for me it would only be a sedan at this price
mainly because
-SUVs at this price are highly uncompetitive to the sedans(i know this sounds weird)
-i do not want to own a Scorpio/Safari(sorry Raj), if i want a SUV i would only buy CR-V or Captiva
and maybe Endeavour (rich spoilt kid! [:D]
why should you be sorry buddy? everybody is entitled to their own opinions!

tomorrow if i may hate something in a civic (though i personally love that car), would i need to say sorry to you? [thumbswink]

Thanks Raj.

May be we should start a thread, something like "your next dream car". What you guys suggest.
you can start such a thread buddy!

Top Bottom