“Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (5 Years Report)

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Very nice color. Cool. How much for the cover? Thanks for waking me up to buy something cute for the cheetah.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #783

bhvm

Honoured Member
Found yesterday that navigator side lock (tab)wasnt working from remote or central locking. Sprayed liberal WD40 around the the lock and innards (What was possible without opening door pads). Works well now.

Thread Starter #784

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: “Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (5 Years Report)

Thunderbolt made a short Trip to Gujrat. After driving other cars for about 2 months, Man XUV is such a revelation!

1. True to its SUV name, XUV carried a full size bicycle INSIDE the car. Lots of Empty bags and cotton sheets were used to prop up the cycle from critical locations so as to offer safety and to prevent damage on Interior or bicycle.

2. No more niggles noticed.

3. Seems the aggressive performance is returning. I had a some nice runs after the bells rang. Even if for a few short bursts, The way XUV pulls and puts the widest smile on your face, is commendable.

4. Caught fancy ODO shot in nick of time.

5. After driving various cars upgraded to 6000k CREE LED headlights (Including my Blue boy and others), The good old 35w 4300k HID kit and combo of XUV projectors seem like an upgrade. The punch and Penetration of 4300k HID along with projectors cannot be matched with any LED Retrofit. I was able to drive in low beams most of the times. Even on the highway. And thankfully, due to extremely well designed glare limiters on Projector, Other motorists found it better to dip their beams as well. Most truckers dipped without asking

6. I tend to use HID fog lamps on highway as sort of DRL after the sun is up. These are quite bright and offer decent safety factor. Esp since Dhule-Surat highway is in a terrible state with Bazillion diversions and speedbreakers

7. The Navapur-Surat Expressway unfortunately now has some killer and sudden potholes. Deep ones at that. You WILL wreck out if you hit these at highway speeds. Better be Very cautions. Thankfully XUV has beautiful Brakes and along with Falken AT tyres they grip well.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
You loaded a cycle inside!! Good that you tied it up properly. Otherwise it would have been a hazard ,and scratch threat too.
You are using XUV really well.[clap]
Your post motivated me to buy a red key fob cover just like yours. Thanks for the post.[:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #786

bhvm

Honoured Member

Brought another cover. This time orange.[clap]
The orange turned out to be a very cute Peach-Flamingo variety rather than usual bright orange. Very pleasant. price this time was 310.

did'nt find such covers for my other cars.

Got another ODO shot-

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Ok so this has now lured me even more and more. Now I'm going to go for other colours too. Thanks for filling me with greed for these mouthwatering colourful treats. Actually you are not to be blamed. You only showed me the pathway to lalchau colours and candies.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #789

bhvm

Honoured Member
Congrats. The red is quite striking. And will look nice.
Red XUV ki Red chaabi. Good going!

My ex-XUV 500 too had 2 silicone covers for key fobs in black and brown from ebay.in, costing ₹ 299 and ₹ 320 [in July 2015] respectively. The silicone covers were super soft with silky touch. [clap][:)]They were gone along with the vehicle.
IMG_20150724_171009.jpg
DSC06004.JPG
DSC06002.JPG

Thread Starter #793

bhvm

Honoured Member
After a very long time, made a long trip in XUV.
I wonder where those 6 years went. The explosive performance. The throaty grunt of engine. The Turbo whistle. All feels the same. Even idle vibrations. Still smokes lesser cars with same grace as the beast did on day 1.
Infotainment did not restart on this trip.
Zero steering vibrations at ultra high speeds.
For issues, i am feeling 1st and 2nd gear have become little hard. I was always told that these will smoothen over time but seems to be getting troublesome.
Used awesome HID low beams for most of the trip and earned respect from many truckers (who dipped beams without needing a flash).

Had an opportunity to drive XUV from ahmedabad to vadodara and back and boy it was fun to drive this machine on the highway as well as city.Gear shifts were a bit jerky but overall i enjoyed the drive on this machine.Mahindra surely have done fabulous job with the tuning of this machine which is why its still hot selling car from their stable.Wish the plastics and overall finese was above to what is offered.All black interiors,better plastics would make this awesome overall package i believe.

Top Bottom