“Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (5 Years Report)

Re: “Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (4 Years Report)

My XUV has done 40K i am facing the problem of uneven tire wear on back wheels. i got it checked at MASS they first said they haven't seen anything on bridgestone tires.they first said shockers were OK. i went again to them to sort out the problem or atleast find the cause of uneven wear.this time they told me that rear shockers need to be changed they showed me the shocks which was working fine ASAIK as when they pressed it after that i went to its original position. then they told me that shocker rod has changed color ie it was a little dark in shade nothing more but they insisted that i should changed them they quoted 6.5K for both,but i said the damage has been done on tire i will get it checked from outside too. my XUV is just 4 years old how come the shocks were shot in that duration even when the roads are very good here in Punjab.

My XUV has done 40K i am facing the problem of uneven tire wear on back wheels. i got it checked at MASS they first said they haven't seen anything on bridgestone tires.they first said shockers were OK. i went again to them to sort out the problem or atleast find the cause of uneven wear.this time they told me that rear shockers need to be changed they showed me the shocks which was working fine ASAIK as when they pressed it after that i went to its original position. then they told me that shocker rod has changed color ie it was a little dark in shade nothing more but they insisted that i should changed them they quoted 6.5K for both,but i said the damage has been done on tire i will get it checked from outside too. my XUV is just 4 years old how come the shocks were shot in that duration even when the roads are very good here in Punjab.
please get allignment done at some trustworthy place and dont forget to rotate your tyre every 10000kms.

that is done regularly thats why i am concerned as i have followed the service schedule religiously even then this has happened.

Thread Starter #739

bhvm

Honoured Member

XUV has slight habit of eating outer rings of tyres if they are not flipped every 5~10K Kms. How is your uneven wear? any defined pattern observed?

i think the inner steel wall has broken as tire itself is in up-down pattern like somewhere the inner thread has worn out somewhere its outer sides. this is happening on only one side of tire and road noise has gone up a notch it irritating.

Thread Starter #741

bhvm

Honoured Member

i think the inner steel wall has broken as tire itself is in up-down pattern like somewhere the inner thread has worn out somewhere its outer sides. this is happening on only one side of tire and road noise has gone up a notch it irritating.
Thats alarming.
Get it Diagnoised and fixed immidately. Do you mean your Rim Beads have worn off?

i have gone for thorough checkup from outside from my trusted mechanic as soon he saw the tire he told this is problem of tires not shocks and told MRF tires do have same problem but this is the second case he came to know about bridgestone

Last Thursday morning in just first 10 km I found my XUV's Front Left side ac vent was throwing gas. Immediately I took vehicle out of main lane and tried to smell it. Luckily it was not burning smell but smelling like a gas. This scene happened for 1 minute and later gas flowing was stop.

I dialed up to my XUV Service executive and she told me that must leakage in AC pipes. As AC was still working so I preferred to continue as is for the day and I booked next day appointment for AC service checkup.

Same day I had further 250 k.m run and AC was almost need to set at 19 degree ( usually I kept it 23 - 22.5 - 22 ) and it was still not satisfactory cooling inside.

Next day, I visited service center and executive agreed that there is no cooling at all. I managed to get into their workstation floor to check what exactly issue. AC's master checked vehicle AC's gas level and it was bit low but need to top up.

XUV AC.jpg

Had couple of words with that engineer and as per him it was 'OK' for 20 months old vehicle to get such issue. I told him my Swift ZXI AC still rocking like new after 8 years without touching it atall till date. They kept vehicle running with AC for another 30 minutes and cooling was back to normal. They didn't charge me anything and asked me to test it for another 10-15 days and let us know if anything comes up again.

Next day itself I had another 200 km long run and it was working fine. Just hoping for best now.

But I am still not sure, is it really require to top up GAS after every 2 - 1.5 year?

Thread Starter #744

bhvm

Honoured Member

This is a niggle with XUV. And its certainly not normal.
my i10 has its AC untouched and it has been working perfectly since 9 years. Infact nothing chills like i10 AC not even XUV.

I suffered the AC failure too, Details over here-
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...iled-review-3-years-report-38.html#post509692

In my case the culprit pipe was replaced in warranty. You better check that buddy. or it will leak again.

In my case the culprit pipe was replaced in warranty. You better check that buddy. or it will leak again.
Yes, my next service is just due for 1200 kms , meanwhile will keep hawk eyes on my XUV cooling. [:)]

I really liked the aggressive, Blocky thread of FALKEN WILDPEAK AT and went ahed with them. The cost was 12k per tyre, Alignment, balancing, nitrogen etc was Free. I will Recommend Nashik Tyre world for their neat prices and no fuss service.
How's this tyre performing as compare to your previous ( ? ) one? Bridgestone is pretty smooth and low noise tyre, for my XUV.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #746

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: “Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (3 Years Report)

How's this tyre performing as compare to your previous ( ? ) one? Bridgestone is pretty smooth and low noise tyre, for my XUV.
Falkens are AT, Something which is not known for low noise and smoothness. However, Grip levels and braking is really awesome. You cannot get any Vibration in steering even at 180. Thats due to extremely tough sidewalls.

If you want low noise and smooth ride, take a look at bridgestones or Michellin. Can also try Ceat czar HT.

Re: “Thunderbolt” Mahindra XUV5OO Detailed Review (3 Years Report)

If you want low noise and smooth ride, take a look at bridgestones or Michellin. Can also try Ceat czar HT.
Smooth ride is always on top for me, as I never went off-road.
Thanks

anyone using Apollo apterra for XUV i was quoted 11K for one tire for Apollo & 8800 for Bridgestones but i dont want to go with BS again.

Thread Starter #750

bhvm

Honoured Member

ODO 72k.

Nothing much to report.
Thunderbolt got a small paint chip due to errant biker. Can this be touched up?

And these pieces just fell when driving, So I pressed em into place. They are from behind IRVM.

Attachments

Top Bottom