“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

Update:
Sourced some genuine spares & repaired the alternator . Now everything works perfectly,even headlights are more powerful now . Rebuilding costed some ₹4500 including labour . Now next thing remain ,working 4x4 unit .
Should i start a new thread or spamming your thread is ok ?

Thread Starter #302

bhvm

Honoured Member
Update:
Sourced some genuine spares & repaired the alternator . Now everything works perfectly,even headlights are more powerful now . Rebuilding costed some ₹4500 including labour . Now next thing remain ,working 4x4 unit .
Should i start a new thread or spamming ur thread is ok ?
Thats great!
I don't mind updates here but a proper Thread will help you organize the Information and also better for readers.

Thread Starter #303

bhvm

Honoured Member
Its time again for the Elephant to Renew its Insurance.
Talked with Bajaj Alianz, the Current Provider which Gave a Quote of 15k Plus. Which is even higher than last year!
In the OCT i had someone call from Bajaj with an Offer of 12k something, the guy seems to have disappeared. I have requested a callback from senior team which they haven't done yet.
HDFC is their usual thing with Dismal IDV of 2.5L.

Another provider is Reliance with a quote of 13k, IDV of 4L and Complimentary RSA.
What do you think fellas?

Also I want to ask, what is the PUC jumble on Insurance Renewal? There is conflicting Info available everywhere.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #304

bhvm

Honoured Member
Out of the Blue, the Guy who called me from Bajaj in OCT called me back and Gave the Following Quote. Do reply fellas.
Opera Snapshot_2020-11-07_143812_mail.google.com.png

Its time again for the Elephant to Renew its Insurance.
Talked with Bajaj Alianz, the Current Provider which Gave a Quote of 15k Plus. Which is even higher than last year!
In the OCT i had someone call from Bajaj with an Offer of 12k something, the guy seems to have disappeared. I have requested a callback from senior team which they haven't done yet.
HDFC is their usual thing with Dismal IDV of 2.5L.

Another provider is Reliance with a quote of 13k, IDV of 4L and Complimentary RSA.
What do you think fellas?

Also I want to ask, what is the PUC jumble on Insurance Renewal? There is conflicting Info available everywhere.
I too renewed with Reliance General insurance. Quoted price was 12k for 3L idv . Model is safari 4x4 2009 with 50% ncb

Thread Starter #308

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ironically, I never used them and when I installed seat covers, I removed them and kept aside.
I Think you have to insert VCD in the Player. Then use Screen Buttons to turn it on.

Ironically, I never used them and when I installed seat covers, I removed them and kept aside.
I Think you have to insert VCD in the Player. Then use Screen Buttons to turn it on.
Working on it .
I have another question , if i engage 4L mode the front wheels feels resisting the motion like brakes r applied . Is this how it works or something is wrong ?

Thread Starter #311

bhvm

Honoured Member
if i engage 4L mode the front wheels feels resisting the motion like brakes r applied . Is this how it works or something is wrong ?
It means that your 4x4 is actually working. Please don't use it on Paved roads. Its meant for Slush or Gravel/Sand only.

Looks like after my Stern Complaint, the old sales guys suddenly woke up. And in 2 days I had my Corrected Policy. I just had to send them the RC scan.

Thread Starter #314

bhvm

Honoured Member
The Expense continues.

The Brake pedal sank to the Floor.[confused]
Thankfully it happened When the beast was parked and not in Heavy traffic.
Got a Mechanic home who tried to bleed the brakes. No Avail.

He also ended up breaking the bleeding nipple on one of the rear drums.[frustration]
So now the Expense looks like new Master cylinder + Wheel cylinder + Fitting.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
The Expense continues.

The Brake pedal sank to the Floor.[confused]
So now the Expense looks like new Master cylinder + Wheel cylinder + Fitting.
Looks like a leak somewhere.
When was the last time brake fluid replaced( flushing + bleeding)?
Are the master cylinder and rear wheel cylinder both leaking?

Last edited:

Top Bottom