“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

Thread Starter #271

bhvm

Honoured Member
Yesterday I sent mails both to Coverfox & Bajaj alianz personally. Looks they are not eager to sell me anything. Usually this causes bombardment of calls from various parties in the past.

Thread Starter #272

bhvm

Honoured Member
Insurance renewal this time has started getting on my nerves. After not having any satisfactory response from Bajaj Alianz, I called them up to discuss about renewal. Unfortunately after wasting my 20 mins they gave me the same robotic quotation as shown on their website with no will to customize as per my needs. It seems AI is taking over after all.

Now What remains is to go ahed with HDFC (no RSA) but at-least preserve some IDV. I have finally sent a mail to grievance after wasting a week to and fro and not able to get proper response from lower level customer care agents.

Thread Starter #274

bhvm

Honoured Member
Good Idea. I just checked. They threw a massive quote of 20K with IDV of 3.6 lacs. Something is wrong this time. I cannot figure out what. TP charges are same as last year. I don't know how Own damage this year is about 3x as much that even with 20% NCB which got added this year, the quote is 20k as opposed to 14k last year.

Nairrk

Honoured Member
When my Tigor was due for Insurance renewal, New India quoted me a rate which was higher than what was paid initially by the dealers (first time insurance). I then checked with National Ins & one another private company, but all were quoted almost the same amount. Then I approached ICICI who quoted me lower premium than the other two hence I finalised with ICICI.

Thread Starter #276

bhvm

Honoured Member
So I finally ended up renewing the Insurance.
My last insurer was HDFC ergo, which had a premium of 13.7k at zero NCB and an IDV of 2.15L
My new insurer is Bajaj Alianz, which Even after 20% NCB has a premium of 14.5k. On the upside, I have RSA and Massive IDV of 4.38L.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
I understand that you are presently embroiled in insurance and stuff. So you may find me out of sync at present,from your point of view.
I went through this thread again. It's thoroughly entertaining. Just like a movie. You may already know it, or not (can't say), but you are really living out your dream.Very few have courage and daring to live it out for real. It's a complement not sarcasm . Congratulations for finding and restoring this 4x4 to your heart's content.
Your thread makes me (and others who are reading it),wish to go and find out a 4x4 for ourselves. That's the power of your talk!!

Once again congrats,for the car as well as for this well written thread.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #278

bhvm

Honoured Member
I understand that you are presently embroiled in insurance and stuff. So you may find me out of sync at present,from your point of view.
I went through this thread again. It's thoroughly entertaining. Just like a movie. You may already know it, or not (can't say), but you are really living out your dream.Very few have courage and daring to live it out for real. It's a complement not sarcasm . Congratulations for finding and restoring this 4x4 to your heart's content.
Your thread makes me (and others who are reading it),wish to go and find out a 4x4 for ourselves. That's the power of your talk!!

Once again congrats,for the car as well as for this well written thread.
Thanks Doc,
Its encouraging from members like you which act as fuel for my passion. I am sure by congratulating me, you have also congratulated all the TAI members for their esteemed and untiring support in projects like these.

Thread Starter #279

bhvm

Honoured Member
The Elephant was able to stretch its legs once again after resting about 2~3 months.
We were greeted by dense fog from the crack of dawn to almost 8.30. So I used my good old trick of following a humble truck at a distance till visibility improved. Only after 9 AM the fog became a non issue.
P_20191219_064723.jpg
P_20191219_064807.jpg
P_20191219_064818.jpg
P_20191219_064835.jpg
P_20191219_064851.jpg
P_20191219_094732.jpg
P_20191219_094736.jpg

Beast also rolled over an interesting ODO during the trip.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
How much have you driven since you purchased it?
What was the odometer reading at that time? You have mentioned 74k service on the first page of the thread. It looks like you are using the Safari to the fullest extent. That's very good!!

PS. If Safari is idling while taking pictures,then the RPM is a bit higher than recommended. You might want to check it out .

Last edited:
Thread Starter #281

bhvm

Honoured Member
1. The ODO was around 72k when I brought it. That was in Nov 2017. So you can say I drove it 20k in 2 years.
2. Thanks for pointing it out. It could be so due to AC compressor. I have always remembered this to the normal Idling RPM.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
Hey bhvm, its New Year already and yet no updates?? I request you to post something new on your Safari. I never asked (so far) anybody to deliberately post something.But here I am doing the very same thing.Why?
It's because we all like your thread. I said" WE",because there are lots of non members too,in my community ,glued to your Safari updates,but can't remind or contact you because they are non-members.Trust me there are more non -members watching upon this thread than the actual members! That's the power of online platform. And as far as I am concerned,I can never afford a 4x4 in real life ,so the craving is satisfied by you,via your thread.
PLUS,I find your write- up very entertaining,and involving.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #283

bhvm

Honoured Member
Thanks Doc, Your Post made my day. The support and eagerness feels awesome. From all of you.
There has been no updates because to put it bluntly, I haven't driven much. Dec 29, 2019 post is the last.

I am a bit caught up, going through major changes. Among those changes is Getting aboard Youtube and other Knowledge sharing websites with my Content.
I have a DIY & Tech style channel here-
Zen Innovations

Some Gaming channels Here-
Zen Games
Zero Copyright Gameplay

You can try visiting my website-
Sirezen.com

My other Online Presence-
https://www.dailymotion.com/ZenInnovations
Zen Games
Zen Innovations
Zero Copyright Gameplay
Sire Zen (@SireZen) | Twitter
Zen Innovations
http://zeninnovations.sirezen.com/
http://zengames.sirezen.com/
http://zerocopyright.sirezen.com/

It might be possible that some of these are Blank. Also, this is all Beta version, half baked content. Currently I am just learning some video editing using Gaming videos as Canvas.
Constructive Criticism from all members is welcome.

Coming back to our talk, If I attach a Travel style Channel (I Intend to, but next year) to this family, the Blue Elephant could have some Impressive Roles to play. Looking forward to see you all on new platforms.

mayankdixit

Honoured Member
That's a lot of online presence,which I came to know of only now.Thanks for letting me know about your helpful articles.I really liked your articles on busted LEDs reuse.No more will I discard them,now that I know they can be used in a different way.

Thread Starter #285

bhvm

Honoured Member
That's a lot of online presence,which I came to know of only now.Thanks for letting me know about your helpful articles.I really liked your articles on busted LEDs reuse.No more will I discard them,now that I know they can be used in a different way
Thanks.
Looks like you stumbled upon Instructables. Which is my oldest online presence. Started in 2008 I think.
Everything else is new. Make sure you subscribe even if there is no content. I will start uploading soon.

Top Bottom