“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

Thread Starter #290
Started the Elephant today and drove a short distance to buy Essentials. It seems the Beast has left the den after a slumber of about 40 days. No issues to Report as such. All systems working as Expected.
Engaged 2L for a while to get that T-Case Oil circulated and Shift motor activation.

Thread Starter #292
Blue Elephant made another trip around the city for Essentials. Things are returning to normal and most of Shops are now open.
Fruit markets have been divided by the authorities and no more than 5 vendors are found in usual places. This is to prevent Crowding.

Wiper switch appears to have gone bad. Wipers work only on full speeds. Also washer jets have died down. Maybe debris jammed inside them.
Drove around in 2L to feel the power for some 500 Mtrs. Feels nice.

Thread Starter #293
Took the Elephant out after a good Month just to Have oils Circulating. 2L mode as usual is Fun.
Starts up nicely. I do not have to worry about Batteries as my Solar System keeps them on a trickle charge (Most of my vehicles are stored that way).

1. Wipers are back. Maybe it was just carbon or loose contact in switches.
2. AC appears to have developed some fault. There is hissing noise from the dash and hardly any cooling. It might be that Gas has Escaped due to Lockdown (No use)
Though I used to Crank the car and turn on AC every week for a few minutes.

Missing the good old days. Last Monsoon was sooo Much better. Be it Offroading or Visiting Lakes and so on.

Took the Elephant out after a good Month just to Have oils Circulating. 2L mode as usual is Fun.
Starts up nicely. I do not have to worry about Batteries as my Solar System keeps them on a trickle charge (Most of my vehicles are stored that way).

1. Wipers are back. Maybe it was just carbon or loose contact in switches.
2. AC appears to have developed some fault. There is hissing noise from the dash and hardly any cooling. It might be that Gas has Escaped due to Lockdown (No use)
Though I used to Crank the car and turn on AC every week for a few minutes.

Missing the good old days. Last Monsoon was sooo Much better. Be it Offroading or Visiting Lakes and so on.
Could there be any corrosion in the AC plumbing ? Causing slow gas leaks.Also please share more information about your trickle charger

Thread Starter #295
Visually there is nothing. I Haven't visited AC guy yet. Lockdowns are showing signs of Extension and Policies are all over the place.
About the Trickle, Its not a charger Per-se. But a part of my Comprehensive solar setup.
A few videos have been posted here-
Solar Energy

Top Bottom