“The Blue Elephant” My Safari 4x4 Review & Mods

Thread Starter #271
Yesterday I sent mails both to Coverfox & Bajaj alianz personally. Looks they are not eager to sell me anything. Usually this causes bombardment of calls from various parties in the past.

Thread Starter #272
Insurance renewal this time has started getting on my nerves. After not having any satisfactory response from Bajaj Alianz, I called them up to discuss about renewal. Unfortunately after wasting my 20 mins they gave me the same robotic quotation as shown on their website with no will to customize as per my needs. It seems AI is taking over after all.

Now What remains is to go ahed with HDFC (no RSA) but at-least preserve some IDV. I have finally sent a mail to grievance after wasting a week to and fro and not able to get proper response from lower level customer care agents.

Thread Starter #274
Good Idea. I just checked. They threw a massive quote of 20K with IDV of 3.6 lacs. Something is wrong this time. I cannot figure out what. TP charges are same as last year. I don't know how Own damage this year is about 3x as much that even with 20% NCB which got added this year, the quote is 20k as opposed to 14k last year.

When my Tigor was due for Insurance renewal, New India quoted me a rate which was higher than what was paid initially by the dealers (first time insurance). I then checked with National Ins & one another private company, but all were quoted almost the same amount. Then I approached ICICI who quoted me lower premium than the other two hence I finalised with ICICI.

Thread Starter #276
So I finally ended up renewing the Insurance.
My last insurer was HDFC ergo, which had a premium of 13.7k at zero NCB and an IDV of 2.15L
My new insurer is Bajaj Alianz, which Even after 20% NCB has a premium of 14.5k. On the upside, I have RSA and Massive IDV of 4.38L.

I understand that you are presently embroiled in insurance and stuff. So you may find me out of sync at present,from your point of view.
I went through this thread again. It's thoroughly entertaining. Just like a movie. You may already know it, or not (can't say), but you are really living out your dream.Very few have courage and daring to live it out for real. It's a complement not sarcasm . Congratulations for finding and restoring this 4x4 to your heart's content.
Your thread makes me (and others who are reading it),wish to go and find out a 4x4 for ourselves. That's the power of your talk!!

Once again congrats,for the car as well as for this well written thread.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #278
I understand that you are presently embroiled in insurance and stuff. So you may find me out of sync at present,from your point of view.
I went through this thread again. It's thoroughly entertaining. Just like a movie. You may already know it, or not (can't say), but you are really living out your dream.Very few have courage and daring to live it out for real. It's a complement not sarcasm . Congratulations for finding and restoring this 4x4 to your heart's content.
Your thread makes me (and others who are reading it),wish to go and find out a 4x4 for ourselves. That's the power of your talk!!

Once again congrats,for the car as well as for this well written thread.
Thanks Doc,
Its encouraging from members like you which act as fuel for my passion. I am sure by congratulating me, you have also congratulated all the TAI members for their esteemed and untiring support in projects like these.

Top Bottom