“My Nimble Mountain Goat”: A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA (1.5 Years & 14K Kms)

Thread Starter #91
Re: “My Nimble Mountain Goat”: A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA (1.5 Years & 14K Kms)

That is the advantage of Gold AMC . Did you also take same for Nexon ?
+1 Anshuman for your view, AMC Gold is the icing on the cake, you pay for nothing, from wiper blades to the clutch, all fluids and filters everything is FOC.

For the Nexon, I shall be taking the 3rd and 4th year extended warranty for RS.10,800/- this month. P2P (AMC Gold) is FOC.

Thanks and regards
Vinod

Re: “My Nimble Mountain Goat”: A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA (1.5 Years & 14K Kms)

Hello everyone ! This is Vaishak Murugesan from Coimbatore.

I am facing an issue with my 2012 Tata Nano, for which I am seeking help from the fellow members. Since this is the only active thread of Nano, I am posting in this thread.

We purchased an used 2012 Tata Nano, run 28800kms, single owner, from a known source of ours, on July 2018. Everything was fine except for the hard clutch and bouncing suspension.Hence overhauled the clutch assembly and the clutch became very smooth to operate. But the suspension was throwing us around. Another look and the suspension was to be changed, as suggested by our FNG. With the suspension change, the ride became supple. But another issue started, which still exists.

After the suspension overhaul, there was strange noise,like the noise which arises due to the wallowy movement of liquid, at the rear right side. Now the real issue is, the vehicle idles unevenly. Also during a downshift, the vehicle would raise on its own, without my foot on the accelerator pedal.

The above uneven idling issue arises only when that strange noise from the rear exists. If the noise is not present, the vehicle behaves normally. Our FNG friend is unable to find this issue. Other than this, the little wonder, as I call it, is a joy to drive.

It has been a month and a half with this issue, with no real solution. Fellow members shall help me out to solve this issue.

P.S. Mr.Nanofreak, sorry for hijacking your thread with this long post.

Regards,
Vaishak Murugesan

Thread Starter #93

I am facing an issue with my 2012 Tata Nano, for which I am seeking help from the fellow members. Since this is the only active thread of Nano, I am posting in this thread.

We purchased an used 2012 Tata Nano, run 28800kms, single owner, from a known source of ours, on July 2018. Everything was fine except for the hard clutch and bouncing suspension.Hence overhauled the clutch assembly and the clutch became very smooth to operate. But the suspension was throwing us around. Another look and the suspension was to be changed, as suggested by our FNG. With the suspension change, the ride became supple. But another issue started, which still exists.

After the suspension overhaul, there was strange noise,like the noise which arises due to the wallowy movement of liquid, at the rear right side. Now the real issue is, the vehicle idles unevenly. Also during a downshift, the vehicle would raise on its own, without my foot on the accelerator pedal.

The above uneven idling issue arises only when that strange noise from the rear exists. If the noise is not present, the vehicle behaves normally. Our FNG friend is unable to find this issue. Other than this, the little wonder, as I call it, is a joy to drive.

It has been a month and a half with this issue, with no real solution. Fellow members shall help me out to solve this issue.

Regards,
Vaishak Murugesan
Hello Vaishak, you are most welcome to this thread, for your Nano queries.

For the uneven idling, put it on the OBD computer from TASS, I'm sure I'll throw up errors get these cleared, and then take a call.

Did you get suspension change done at all 4 corners? As the rear struts are quite prone to oil leaks, get these also checked at TASS.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinod

Hello Vaishak, you are most welcome to this thread, for your Nano queries.

For the uneven idling, put it on the OBD computer from TASS, I'm sure I'll throw up errors get these cleared, and then take a call.

Did you get suspension change done at all 4 corners? As the rear struts are quite prone to oil leaks, get these also checked at TASS.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Vinod
Thank You for your reply Sir.
1. Yes, I am planning to take it to the TASS for the OBD scanner treatment after November 22nd as I have my exams going on currently.
2. Yes Sir, the suspension was changed on all the four corners. Will surely take a note of this.

Thank You Sir,
Vaishak Murugesan

Thread Starter #95

1. Yes, I am planning to take it to the TASS for the OBD scanner treatment after November 22nd as I have my exams going on currently.
2. Yes Sir, the suspension was changed on all the four corners. Will surely take a note of this.

Thank You Sir,
Vaishak Murugesan
Do also get the spark plugs and air filter changed, if not done lately.

Do keep us posted on the diagnosis.

Sir, the car was seriviced immediately after the purchase, during which the 2 spark plugs and the air filter were replaced.

Sure Sir, will definitely keep you updated about the diagnosis.

Thank You,
Vaishak Murugesan

Thank You Sir,
Vaishak Murugesan
This automatic acceleration Once happened with my nano too, but it got solved too automatically. I have been regularly servicing at TAFE Service and Mr. Albert has been doing a great job of keeping proper check. I asked them to check and recently got a weird drive shaft sound rectified along with that. Everything's as good as new even after 14K kms. You can try the experienced staff of TAFE.

Thank You for the suggestion,brother. Will be taking the car to TASS, once my exams are over. Any idea of why the car accelerates automatically?

Regards,
Vaishak Murugesan

UPDATE:
The uneven idling issue has disappeared suddenly and the vehicle is behaving as normal as expected. The vehicle runs fine and does its job very well.

Thank You everyone for your suggestions. Will keep the fellow members updated.

Regards,
Vaishak Murugesan

Thread Starter #100
MONSOON CAMP
Got a call last week that Tata motors is running a free service camp, took this opportunity and to get my Nano a general check up, cleaning the air and cabin filter, and torquing the underbody nuts and bolts.
Went in at 10 today with all works completed with complimentary topwash, and returned before 12 noon.

Thread Starter #101
MALFUNCTIONING REVERSE CAMERA
Since a couple of months the Amazon bought reversing camera was not functioning, however the monitor was switching on, and would go off while driving.
Thought being a Chinese product, the camera might have konked off.
Today I took the Nano to my accessories guy, he checked all the wiring, from the monitor to the camera attached on the bumper, the culprit was a short wire between the camera and the reverse light plug, fixed it, Bingo works as a charm, paid 150.
Happy days.

Thread Starter #103
COMPLETED 3 YEARS WITH ODO STANDING @17,244KM
4TH FREE SERVICE

Things to be undertaken:
1. OBD Update (Low fuel economy), & (Missing sound)
Diagnosis
a) Clearing the errors
b) Changing the HT Leads
c) Changing the Spark Plugs (2)
2. Wheel Balancing & Allingment & Correcting the slight tilted (to the left) stearing wheel.
3. Oil & Filter Change.
4. Fuel Filter Change.
5. Air Filter Change.
6. AC Filter Cleaned.
7. Battery Checked.
8. Music System Checked.
Diagnosis
Driver side front speaker not working, out of warranty, suggested to get it repaired/replaced outside.

PAID SERVICES
1. Wheel Balance Weight Rs.94/-
2. Spark Plugs (2) Rs.174/-
TOTAL AMOUNT PAID Rs.268/-

SERVICES RENDERED UNDER AMC GOLD
1. GTX PRO Comp 15W40 ME 2.2 Ltr.
2. Purolator Oil Filter.
3. UFI'S Fuel Filter.
4. Mahle Air Filter.
5. HT Cable (2)
6. Wiper Blade (1)
7. Brake Pads Front Wheel (2 Pairs).