“My Nimble Mountain Goat”: A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA (1.5 Years & 14K Kms)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: “My Nimble Mountain Goat” - A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA

The showroom Salesman saw me and remembered I was looking for Alloys, he said a known dealer has a set, he showed me on whatsapp, it looks new in a box, negotiated hard as this dealer is closing shop, last price he offered Rs.7,500/-, I shall go and have a look next week. Any pointers what should I scrutinize?
Vinod Sir, ye details check karna before buying the Alloys and do post the design for the same too.

Photo1036.jpg

Regards

Akash

UPDATE - HL CHANGED UNDER WARRANTY

Called the SA yesterday, regarding the HL change, he told me it has arrived, went today and they changed the HL, it had all 3 new bulbs (HL, Indicator & park), asked the mech to replace my old LED parking bulb, and he did the same.

Job done with a complimentary car wash.

The showroom Salesman saw me and remembered I was looking for Alloys, he said a known dealer has a set, he showed me on whatsapp, it looks new in a box, negotiated hard as this dealer is closing shop, last price he offered Rs.7,500/-, I shall go and have a look next week. Any pointers what should I scrutinize?

Regards

Vinod
7500 is a steal deal, IMO !! [shock]
i casually asked for alloys for my twist at a well known place here in thane, and he said it would be 15k least

Thread Starter #63

Vinod Sir, ye details check karna before buying the Alloys and do post the design for the same too.

Regards

Akash
Thanks Akash for the heads up, will take a copy of this list for the scrutiny of the alloys.

Love TAI for the genuine people around for help/suggestions.

7500 is a steal deal, IMO !! [shock]
i casually asked for alloys for my twist at a well known place here in thane, and he said it would be 15k least
Suntosh, bargain hard, as this is old stock, do compare the details with the list provided by @Akash to know the mfr year.

Thread Starter #65

Second free service done, as follows:
1. Paid Rs.100/- for wheel balancing weights.
2. Engine oil Castrol Prof Compact 15W40 2.2 ltr.
3. UFI'S Fuel filter.
4. Purolator Oil Filter.
5. Mahle Air Filter.
6. Wheel balancing, alignment and rotation done.
7. HL beam adjusted, have to check in the night.
8. Horn's not working properly sometimes, fixed.
9. There was a thud sound on speed breakers and pot holes, rear left shocker ordered to be changed FOC.
10. Car feels nimble as ever, better pickup, no vibration or looseness, happy.
DSC_0961.JPG

DSC_0962.JPG

regards
vinod

My heart feels thrilled when i see people enjoying a nano,but my brain is confused.. this car does make sense and most owners seem to like their nano's-why then are sales plummeting and plans seem to be afoot for a quiet burial (the petrol at least?)

Thread Starter #67

My heart feels thrilled when i see people enjoying a nano,but my brain is confused.. this car does make sense and most owners seem to like their nano's-why then are sales plummeting and plans seem to be afoot for a quiet burial (the petrol at least?)
Very nicely explained, I still look back at her after locking it, can't put a finger on this love even after nearly a year of use.

It's a lovely motor to punt around, even my carwashwala tends to give it extra TLC.

I doubt till the time Ratan Tata is around, Nano will be buried, maybe a different moniker, let's hope it reaches its nedar.

Regards
Vinod

Hello Sir,

I believe you have changed the steel wheels to the Tata Motors Alloys for the Nano. I got the ones from Plati but had a mishap and one of the alloys broke, and now I cant find those alloys anymore in the market as Plati has stopped manufacturing them, taking this into account I am planning to get the Black V shaped alloys from Tata itself.

Do you know the price of them? I was told one piece will cost around 2000-2500INR, and will take around 7 days to come once order has been placed.

Regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #69

Hello Sir,

I believe you have changed the steel wheels to the Tata Motors Alloys for the Nano. I got the ones from Plati but had a mishap and one of the alloys broke, and now I cant find those alloys anymore in the market as Plati has stopped manufacturing them, taking this into account I am planning to get the Black V shaped alloys from Tata itself.

Do you know the price of them? I was told one piece will cost around 2000-2500INR, and will take around 7 days to come once order has been placed.

Regards,
Kinshuk
Hi Kinshuk, I've postponed the alloys for now, this is a very good price you are getting, go for it, but do check out the originality as suggested by @Akash (Reporter Sahaab) the first post on this page.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #70

MILEAGE UPDATE POST LAST ECU FLASH

I had been reporting earlier about rough drive and inconsistent mileage in the earlier posts, and would take my Nano to Sai Service, they cleaned the air filter and did a ECU flash(their USB cable and OBD connecter was of poor quality as they would fiddle many times for it to start and fail, so I had my doubts about the accuracy of the ECU flash), but was not fully satisfied as after a couple of weeks the roughness would return and mileage tankful to tankful and the MID would be quite off by a large margin, eg TFtoTF would show around 15/16kmpl but MID 12/13kmpl (in city BtoB traffic).

So in Oct took Nano to Society Motors the other dealer on GT Road, and registered the mileage and rough drive complaint. They checked the spark-plugs and changed it, and cleaned the Air Filter, and did the ECU Flash which showed errors and corrected the same (their entire system worked well the USB cable & OBD ports), after which it was taken for a TD, and every thing looked good.

Now after nearly 50+ days of use the mileage has settled down to 17+kmpl on MID and matches nearly the Tankful to Tankful method, and no-more roughness in driving.

It would be useful to get inputs from other Nano XTA owners, on the above issues.

Regards

Vinod

hello sir,
we have lost our remote for the nano, we do have the spare key to open but every time we open or close the car with it the alarm keeps on blaring for the next 10 minutes. any ideas on how to shut off the alarm?

we are trying to get the spare remote from the svc, but that might take time.

regards,
Kinshuk

Thread Starter #72

hello sir,
we have lost our remote for the nano, we do have the spare key to open but every time we open or close the car with it the alarm keeps on blaring for the next 10 minutes. any ideas on how to shut off the alarm?

regards,
Kinshuk
I did not know that an alarm was in the Nano XTA, the only alarm I know of is if you do not close any door properly, the OEM horn lets out a sound, to remind that a door is ajar.

To over-ride the alarm I have no clue, what did the SVC say? Are you on the Whattsapp Nano group, do post your query there, @Rahul could help here.

I would suggest you to change the locks (one driver door and boot lock), in case the lost key does not fall in wrong hands.

Do keep us posted, on the outcome.

Regards
Vinod

I did not know that an alarm was in the Nano XTA, the only alarm I know of is if you do not close any door properly, the OEM horn lets out a sound, to remind that a door is ajar.

To over-ride the alarm I have no clue, what did the SVC say? Are you on the Whattsapp Nano group, do post your query there, @Rahul could help here.

I would suggest you to change the locks (one driver door and boot lock), in case the lost key does not fall in wrong hands.

Do keep us posted, on the outcome.

Regards
Vinod
found the key in the home itself. but mostly we would place an order for the second remote control.

bhvm

Honoured Member

hello sir,

regards,
Kinshuk
Try locating and removing the Siren Fuse. Or locate the siren and remove its wire.
Car starts without remote? Maybe nano is not equipped with immobilizer.

Top Bottom