“My Nimble Mountain Goat”: A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA (1.5 Years & 14K Kms)

Thread Starter #46
Re: “My Nimble Mountain Goat” - A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA

Read this article on AMT misconceptions, so sharing for benefits of all AMT users, and future buyers.

http://www.cartoq.com/5-biggest-misconceptions-about-amts-busted/

Mods: please move to appropriate thread, if required.

Thread Starter #47

Came back after a 3 week break, was worried the battery to be weak or conked.

Nothing like that, started on the first crank, gave her some TLC, wash and polish.

Happy.

Congratulations Vinod.
Never expected that Nano car is so good. Always thought it is a small car and good for small city drives only. You have maintained your Nano nicely.
Just would like to know more about the Reversing camera you have fitted. Could you please give more details, make and cost of the same. what is your experience as of now?

Thread Starter #49

Congratulations Vinod.
Never expected that Nano car is so good. Always thought it is a small car and good for small city drives only. You have maintained your Nano nicely.
Just would like to know more about the Reversing camera you have fitted. Could you please give more details, make and cost of the same. what is your experience as of now?
Hello Shenoy, thanks for the appreciation, always get the AMC package whenever you buy a Tata car, it's really worth it.

I bought the reverse camera from Amazon.in AutoStark Full HD LED Reverse Parking Screen with Bluetooth MP5 SD Card USB + 8 LED.

It's a boon for the chyotic traffic we are quite used to, and the camera is working well.

Regards
Vinod

Thread Starter #50

UPDATE

Received a message from the CRM, Sai Motors for Free Monsoon Check-up Camp, booked an appointment and went yesterday.

To Do List, clean the Air filter, cabin filter, check wipers, and a ECU Flash.

Odo reading 8766 (second service due in a month or 2)

All above done, the ECU showed up a error, as the Spanner lamp was on during engine start, the technician checked some thing under the dash near the stearing column and some sensors in the engine bay, Error and lamp went off, and the engine pick-up and mileage improved considerably.

The left headlight cover had some weird scratches around the center and also the edges, something like a child has scribbled on the wall, brought it to the SA notice, some senior guys came checked inspected and after some deliberations and pics, checking availability, they placed an order for free replacement, new HL expected in 10 days.

Quite happy with TASS went in at 10 and came out at 1pm.

I also received some update on the Nexon, which I'll post in that thread.

Regards

Vinod

how did you get them to replace the entire headlight unit free of cost? this wouldnt have been covered under warranty.

Thread Starter #52

how did you get them to replace the entire headlight unit free of cost? this wouldnt have been covered under warranty.
As I mentioned TASS has become proactive, I didn't say a thing, just showed them the damage, and they took the decision to replace the HL under warranty.

Being a busy day due to the free camp, I was apprehensive about delay and explanation etc, but both the ECU flash and HL issue was attended without cutting corners. So far so good, I'm happy.

As I mentioned TASS has become proactive, I didn't say a thing, just showed them the damage, and they took the decision to replace the HL under warranty.

Being a busy day due to the free camp, I was apprehensive about delay and explanation etc, but both the ECU flash and HL issue was attended without cutting corners. So far so good, I'm happy.
Thats something different, why is ECU flash needed?

Thread Starter #54

Thats something different, why is ECU flash needed?
Sorry couldn't understand what you mean by 'that's something different '?

No major reason, as I had completed 9 months and 8.7k km, I wanted to check, though I have a OBD reader, I thought better to let TASS do it professionally.

Sorry couldn't understand what you mean by 'that's something different '?

No major reason, as I had completed 9 months and 8.7k km, I wanted to check, though I have a OBD reader, I thought better to let TASS do it professionally.
means they are going way out of there way to get points from customers, the rest of the stuff I can understand but replacing a damaged headlight for free that is unheard of.

vinod ji, can you share where you got the LED bulbs for the headlight and interior. i have a mind to get LED installed for my headlight and interior. thanks !

p.s. your thread inspires me to start an ownership thread for my own "NMG", the purple twist ! [:D]

Thread Starter #57

vinod ji, can you share where you got the LED bulbs for the headlight and interior. i have a mind to get LED installed for my headlight and interior. thanks !

p.s. your thread inspires me to start an ownership thread for my own "NMG", the purple twist ! [:D]
Hello santosh, the parking and plate bulbs from Amazon RA-28Ledw 28 SMD LED T10 Parking Indicator Socket Light (White, 12V)

Cabin lights I got from flipcart, if I recall, check as I don't have reference, make sure it has a spring between the poles, I didn't paste it just kept inside. It has the same dimming effect.

Do write your review, and have your perspective on the NMG.

Regards
Vinod

means they are going way out of there way to get points from customers, the rest of the stuff I can understand but replacing a damaged headlight for free that is unheard of.
Few Genx owners have replaced their HL's & Fog lamp under warranty. Some of them tend to crack on their own.

Thread Starter #59

Few Genx owners have replaced their HL's & Fog lamp under warranty. Some of them tend to crack on their own.
Thanks @Rahul, for the information, I thought mine was a one off HL crack case, though I had read about the fog lamps cracking, and replaced under warranty.

Thread Starter #60

UPDATE

The left headlight cover had some weird scratches around the center and also the edges, something like a child has scribbled on the wall, brought it to the SA notice, some senior guys came checked inspected and after some deliberations and pics, checking availability, they placed an order for free replacement, new HL expected in 10 days.
UPDATE - HL CHANGED UNDER WARRANTY

Called the SA yesterday, regarding the HL change, he told me it has arrived, went today and they changed the HL, it had all 3 new bulbs (HL, Indicator & park), asked the mech to replace my old LED parking bulb, and he did the same.

Job done with a complimentary car wash.

The showroom Salesman saw me and remembered I was looking for Alloys, he said a known dealer has a set, he showed me on whatsapp, it looks new in a box, negotiated hard as this dealer is closing shop, last price he offered Rs.7,500/-, I shall go and have a look next week. Any pointers what should I scrutinize?

Regards

Vinod

Top Bottom