“My Nimble Mountain Goat”: A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA (1.5 Years & 14K Kms)

bhvm

Honoured Member
Re: “My Nimble Mountain Goat” - A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA

That Racing stripe looks sick nano! Well done.
Also, that FE is great.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Racing strips, do let me know how it looks.
I have gone down to the bumper level for the strips, which I think suits it.
Sir, Car Looks Zabardast![:D]. Racing stripes lend a sporty look to it and the work is done nice and looks aesthetically pleasing as well. Sir, dekho, long back, I clicked same color Nano with similar pattern of race stripes in Gray/White at Delhi. Indeed looks good.

20150912_113308.jpg

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #33

That Racing stripe looks sick nano! Well done.
Also, that FE is great.
Thanks @bhvm, I installed LED for parking & number plate lights, got them locally, & ordered some 28LED, and 5LED from amazon seperately both T10, the 28's for fog's & 5's for parking, will install this week and post here for your opinion.
Sir, Car Looks Zabardast![:D]. Racing stripes lend a sporty look to it and the work is done nice and looks aesthetically pleasing as well. Sir, dekho, long back, I clicked same color Nano with similar pattern of race stripes in Gray/White at Delhi. Indeed looks good.

Regards

Akash
Thanks@Akash, was inspired by your pic, but went for black, and down to the bumper level to give it a wrap around look.

I visited Kanpur twice last year, however, that was just a 3-4 hour stay there and then we continued further.
Planning to come for 2-3 days this year on my Safari, then definitely we will meet somewhere.

Tata Nano is one of the best cars out there. The TATAs made a strategic mistake of marketing it as the cheapest car. I know many in my circle going for other options just because of the cheapest car tag.

Thread Starter #38

Tata Nano is one of the best cars out there. The TATAs made a strategic mistake of marketing it as the cheapest car. I know many in my circle going for other options just because of the cheapest car tag.
Those notions are a thing of the past, take a TD my friend, you will never regret it.

Thread Starter #39

6 Months Update @6860km

NMG was feeling a bit sluggish, and fuel efficiency had come down a bit, and brakes became hard in b2b traffic, so took an appointment, and was attended immediately.

Jobs done
1. Car put on ramp and wheels checked, all nuts tightened.
2. Air filter cleaned.
3. Engine bay air pressured.
4. Spark Plugs checked.
5. Coolant level is just below the MAX mark.
6. Tyre air pressure checked and rectified.
7. Cabin A/c filter opened, was clean.
8. Car washed and returned in 2 hours.

Took the AMC Gold for Rs.5,937/- for 30k km.

Car performing as nimble as ever.

The SA told me to install the TMSC app (TATA MOTORS SERVICE CONNECT), it has all details of your car, and service history. Very impressive.

bhvm

Honoured Member

So What they did that made NMG, more Nimble again?
My XUV has been feeling Sluggish & Noisy lately.

Thread Starter #41

So What they did that made NMG, more Nimble again?
My XUV has been feeling Sluggish & Noisy lately.
You will be surprised to know what a world of difference it makes just to clean the air filter thoroughly, and quite a lot of dust collects in the filter, when pressurized air is used to clean it (our country is so dusty, you will realize with this simple maintenance tip), so I have decided to get this done every 2/3k km on my NMG. Also my fuel efficiency has increased.

And Tata Service is pro active that, it's bending backwards to satisfy every customer.

I don't have any knowledge on diesel vehicles, let your ASC do a basic service, and things should be ok, or let the XUV owners give their views.

Regards

Vinod

Thread Starter #43

@Nanofreak, if possible could you give a DIY tutorial on ac filter and air filter cleaning with pics [:)]
I'm sorry I didn't do the air and cabin filter cleaning as a DIY, all this is covered in AMC Gold, however the next service, I will surely make a video, and post it here.

Regards
Vinod

bhvm

Honoured Member

You will be surprised to know what a world of difference it makes just to clean the air filter thoroughly, and quite a lot of dust collects in the filter, when pressurized air is used to clean it (our country is so dusty, you will realize with this simple maintenance tip), so I have decided to get this done every 2/3k km on my NMG. Also my fuel efficiency has increased.

And Tata Service is pro active that, it's bending backwards to satisfy every customer.

I don't have any knowledge on diesel vehicles, let your ASC do a basic service, and things should be ok, or let the XUV owners give their views.

Regards

Vinod
Good thing to hear Tata is Improving. I may go back to Tata's Customerbase Soon.

Yes. Presumably, My vehicle requires Air filter Cleaning.
in i10 its really easy. Two thumb clips and filter pops out. I use Vaccum cleaner on Blow mode to blow it from inside out. In XUV, the filter is tightened by some weird screws/Nuts that cannot be opened at home. There shall be a law against Manufacturers for making difficult to Maintain/Service products[frustration]

BTW, I have a service appointment coming for XUV this week. Middle row cabin lamp is having issues and only half LEDs are lit. I guess these stuff are normal for Mahindras[anger]. Very poor quality control.

Last edited:

Top Bottom