“My Nimble Mountain Goat”: A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA (1.5 Years & 14K Kms)

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: “My Nimble Mountain Goat” - A Dazzle Blue Tata Nano XTA

do get the sticker, I want to hear somebody's personal opinion after the sticker job so that I can decide.
My local stickerwala is asking for 550 for carbon fiber look roof, and 400 for matt black, please do let me know if its ok, thanks @Rahul who has kindly given his inputs on these on whatsapp.
Sir and Mr. Arya, Carbon Fiber has the tendency to shrink. Even the 3M Carbon Fiber is of poor quality. I have tested it properly. Also, the Carbon Fiber fades away in sunlight. Instead of Matt Black, do go for the Gloss Black Roof. Just make sure there are no bubbles while placing the wrap. Also be careful of the wrap on the corners too.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #17

Hi,
Congratulations on your new TATA Nano. Wishes to clock many more miles without issues.
Thanks @Ambylovers for your wishes, I shall update, as I go on.
Sir and Mr. Arya, Carbon Fiber has the tendency to shrink. Even the 3M Carbon Fiber is of poor quality. I have tested it properly. Also, the Carbon Fiber fades away in sunlight. Instead of Matt Black, do go for the Gloss Black Roof. Just make sure there are no bubbles while placing the wrap. Also be careful of the wrap on the corners too.

Regards

Akash
Thanks @Akash, for your valuable suggestion regarding the roof wrap, also as @Rahul had suggested to check with my stickerwala, if there will be issues with paint peal off, if I need to remove this in future, what is your experience of this.

Regards

Vinod

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Thanks @Akash, for your valuable suggestion regarding the roof wrap, also as @Rahul had suggested to check with my stickerwala, if there will be issues with paint peal off, if I need to remove this in future, what is your experience of this.
Vinod Sir, There will not be any damage to the paint surface. Wraps are put not only for aesthetics but to an extent they do protect the paint from minor scratches as well. While removing there may be some residue/glue marks on the roof surface and they can be cleaned easily by soap water. I used Colin Spray to do so. Also the roof wrap needs to be properly sealed on the edges so that it does not peel off on its own.

Regards

Akash

Congratulation! Nano is really an amazing city car.

I would suggest you to get your all 4 new tyre replaced with Michilin XM2 155/65R12 so that you get maximum grip. I did to my dad's car when it was new. The ride improved to great level. Also you can get maximum price for buy back offers.
Can you post a pic of the tyre?? Or a link to the michelin site would be great. I tried getting this size but in vain

Congrats on your acquisition, Blue color looks good, Nano is very practical car for city drives.
Wish you millions of safe and happy miles [:)]

Thread Starter #21

A doubt to XTA owners, when I unlock the car and open the driver side door, I here a sweet hiss sound from the engine compartment, I get the same but a little muted sound in my WagonR too, Question is is it fuel pump sound as in the WagonR, or something else.

Congrats on your acquisition, Blue color looks good, Nano is very practical car for city drives.
Wish you millions of safe and happy miles [:)]
Thanks @Kukku, it is a practical car, and love it in city as well as highways, blue is a nice color, though needs a clean up every morning.

A doubt to XTA owners, when I unlock the car and open the driver side door, I here a sweet hiss sound from the engine compartment, I get the same but a little muted sound in my WagonR too, Question is is it fuel pump sound as in the WagonR, or something else.
Thanks @Kukku, it is a practical car, and love it in city as well as highways, blue is a nice color, though needs a clean up every morning.
I also havent been able to figure out what that sound is. It comes only with the driver side door, and it happens every time. We can get it clarified from the SVC.

A doubt to XTA owners, when I unlock the car and open the driver side door, I here a sweet hiss sound from the engine compartment, I get the same but a little muted sound in my WagonR too, Question is it fuel pump sound as in the WagonR, or something else.
It's there in all XTA ji. Some kind of priming of the AMT unit I suppose.

A doubt to XTA owners, when I unlock the car and open the driver side door, I here a sweet hiss sound from the engine compartment, I get the same but a little muted sound in my WagonR too, Question is is it fuel pump sound as in the WagonR, or something else..
Interesting to know about this sound. It exists in Tiago as well but we need an extremely quiet place to spot it. Once we slot in the key and rotate to ON position, the needles swipe with a louder hiss sound but after that we hear this extremely mild hissing from engine bay.

Thread Starter #25

I also havent been able to figure out what that sound is. It comes only with the driver side door, and it happens every time. We can get it clarified from the SVC.
It's there in all XTA ji. Some kind of priming of the AMT unit I suppose.
Interesting to know about this sound. It exists in Tiago as well but we need an extremely quiet place to spot it. Once we slot in the key and rotate to ON position, the needles swipe with a louder hiss sound but after that we hear this extremely mild hissing from engine bay.
I read through the manual, which has no mention of this, lets see if XT owners have the same sound, to tick off fuel pump or AMT priming.

Thanks @Kinshuk, @ksdr & @prabhagar for your response, the needle sweep (a nice attention grabbing feature) is in the GenX Nano as well.

Does this happen with our without rotating the key?

Thats normal for every MPFI car.

Thread Starter #27

Rahul, this sound comes after you unlock with remote, and open the door, one has not even entered the car, the sound stays for a few seconds, stops, then immediately another hiss, and then no sound.

If XT owners can verify, then we can rule out the above 2 doubts, weather fuel pump or AMT priming .

Last edited by a moderator:

Rahul, this sound comes after you unlock with remote, and open the door, one has not even entered the car, the sound stays for a few seconds, stops, then immediately another hiss, and then no sound.

If XT owners can verify, then we can rule out the above 2 doubts, weather fuel pump or AMT priming .
This is regarding AMT then. I haven't experienced this in my Twist XT.

Thread Starter #30

Congratulations sir!!, excellent car to drive in city like Kanpur.
You got the best deal in 3 lakhs.
Thanks, @Sam, hope to meet up with you sometime.

This is the max mileage I could ring out of my NMG, a happy man
DSC_0460.JPG
Racing strips, do let me know how it looks.
DSC_0535.JPG
I have gone down to the bumper level for the strips, which I think suits it.
DSC_0534.JPG

Top Bottom