‘Radiator Thermo Valve’ (RTV). Maruti 800

A ‘Radiator Thermo Valve’ (RTV) is not installed on my Maruti 800 (1996). i'm planning to install one RTV soon.

Could someone show me the location where the RTV is located?
locate the radiator and while you are standing in front of radiator on the top left (looking from your side ) of the radiator there is a large hose which is connected to the radiator follow it towards where it goes there is orange container where this hose is connected on the top of it below it is the radiator thermostat thermovalve by the its MGP should cost you around 800-1000 Rs[:)]

Hi TAI folks
I am an active reader of TAI and I recently joined the forum. I currently have three cars,
Maruti 800 , 1997, 62000 KM
Fiat Palio Stile 1.6, 2009, 64000 KM
Tata Zest XT 1.3 QuadraJet, 2015, 17000 KM

I didn't want to start a new thread found this one to be relevant.
My Question is,
In my M800, the radiator fan is automatically turning ON when the key is turned on, irrespective of the engine temperature. and even while starting at middle of the night. I suspect a switch problem. How do I check?

Hi TAI folks
I am an active reader of TAI and I recently joined the forum. I currently have three cars,
Maruti 800 , 1997, 62000 KM
Fiat Palio Stile 1.6, 2009, 64000 KM
Tata Zest XT 1.3 QuadraJet, 2015, 17000 KM

I didn't want to start a new thread found this one to be relevant.
My Question is,
In my M800, the radiator fan is automatically turning ON when the key is turned on, irrespective of the engine temperature. and even while starting at middle of the night. I suspect a switch problem. How do I check?
If the Fan starts working when you key in the car, then it might have given in the direct wiring instead of Thermostat switch.
Normally the Fan will work when the operating temperature reaches 80 degrees which will be done by Thermostat switch.

Here are the pictures you need.

Hope these were helpful.
What this valve actually does ? My car was overheating and coolant was overflowing. My mechanic took off this valve and connected back the lines. Problem is gone. He said it's of no use, Now the car runs fine. Only thing I don't get is heated air inside the cabin. Should I reinstall it ?

Top Bottom