2003 Nissan Skyline V35/ Infiniti G35 - Review

Thread Starter #1
Engine: 3.5 L VQ35DE V6
Drive Type: rear wheel drive
Bodyshape : Coupe
Tyres - 245's at the rear and 235's in the front 18" alloys
Transmission : 6 Speed manual
Year: 2003

We have been searching a car for one of my mate and we went out to this guy Gaami on the cheltenham Highway who imports cars and sells them. He had 3 of these skyline v35's in manual and one in Auto

We had a chance to drive a V35 skyline in manual only 60,000 kms on clock with factory warranty.

Review:

Exterior and interior: When you say its a 9 year old car you wouldn't really think of having all the set of luxuries and looks at the same time .. Well then you haven't seen a V35 in person.

This car is Coupe but its way bigger then a Mercedes CLK Class , its spacious inside and way big like a muscle car. Interior has all the basic things as dual climate control , in built cd player , airbags , steering has controls in hands, power windows and the bits and pieces.

Performance: Lets come to the point and talk about performance , well when I get into a V35 and drove it .. I wasn't expecting that to be as fast as R series of it as its non turbo V6 engine BUT! I have to take my words back because it is really fast for a non turbo car.

I drove it on the highway , 0-100kmph I changed only 3 gears and the car was happy to take the acceleration .. Traction control was on but still I was getting the skid and constant wheel spin even on the moving car. It is quiet astonishing as a performer and a show stopper as well.

We took turn at about 80KMPH and the car wouldn't lose even a second of a grip thanks to its 245 wide tyres at the back .

Ride Quality : It has all the sporty features and you wouldn't expect it to perform like a gentlemans car.. well your wrong because this car in actual facts is very quiet if you don't rev higher. Car seats and the suspension is so good that you won't even feel the car is moving .

Value for money : For a weekend driver , this car is great who doesn't wana spend millions to get a unique car .

For daily driver , this car is a curse to be honest
Mileage figures are just something you don't wana hear. It takes 98 Octane premium unleaded fuel , does 100KMS in 15 Litres of fuel.
Parts are expensive because this being part of a infiniti (US range)

Overall for a performance enthusiast its a good project to work on, but for a normal daily driver rather get something more realistic.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V6_engine

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Yet another Nissan that I admire from the heart. Thanks for putting up this review. That simple but unique design is what makes it stand apart from the crowd. For a 9 Year model, it seems to be maintained well too. Do you have the interior shots?
We had a chance to drive a V35 skyline in manual only 60,000 kms on clock with factory warranty.
For how long is the warranty offered?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3
Yeah its 100,000 Kms thats what he said.

He has put this up for sale for 23000 dollars ,I can get this for about 18000 dollars. means about 9 lac indian rupees. but its not really worth it cuz petrol it drinks too much and spares are expensive.

Interior pic I took one lucky I didn't delete. Not much fancy though (similar to 350z)

Attachments

Top Bottom