My elder cousin brother was looking for car. He asked me to help.
- A hatch
- Diesel- 1000+ km/month
- Budget Max 5.5L
- Must have fractures Power steering, AC, Power windows, ABS, Airbags
- Should carry 5 comfortably
- 60-40 split seats as he requires frequently carrying some luggage
- Good for both city and highway drive
- Swift We all love swift very much and its our first preference. Checked but Not selected as a] Hugh waiting period >6 months b] Zdi is way too much expensive.
- Figo Again its a good car but rejected due to a] Titanium is above budget b] Low ground clearance c]No power windows
- Beat-Ritz Rejected due to looks
- Punto-Polo-Fabia-I20-Micra No due to budget constraints
- Vista Selected
My brother visited showroom alone to inquire about Vista and he came to know about the recent facelift. Also yesterday an exhibition was in pune by 2 Tata dealers .There was an offer on spot booking as Tank full petrol, 1 gram gold coin, Lucky draw on exhibition entry registration can win Nokia mobile, On booking 1 more lucky draw win Blackberry phone.
Offer on Old vista 10000 + free insurance (15000) + exchange bonus (15000)
Offer on New vista 10000 + exchange bonus (15000)
So we went there There were so many people, All Tata Fiat cars on display. Unfortunately no one was looking for Fiat (Punto - Linea) surprisingly I wonder why?
We asked for Vista TD and immediately we offered I had taken it
It was Vista VX Qudrajet model Likes
- Fresh interiors
- Feel a lot airy cabin
- ICE with USB and Bluetooth (Not tested though but seen many people successfully testing later in demo car) Sound quality was good.
- Manza like design and headlights.
- Electric Adjustable ORVM The joystick worked nice.
- Audio Control on sporty steering Wheel.
- Comfortable Fabric Lined seats both front and back.
- 60/40 seat split.
- Decent boot space.
- Power Windows (Front & Rear).
- Plastic quality is also good not the best.
- Centre Display Unit (May be as I am used to side unit)
- Some kind of rod in middle at back side
- Tyrus -1 Display car has Goodyear and other has Bridgestone. I asked about this to SE and he said it comes company fitted and they cannot change. I insisted for Bridgestone but SE refused to commit anything.
I have taken the drivers position. The front visibility is quite good. Seat is quite comfortable. I was trying to adjust the mirror using joystick but not working. Oups my mistake I havent started the car.
Now I started the car immediately there was some warning - for seat-belt not fastened. Good.
But before starting the car the SE told me to press clutch while starting. Why? I asked him? He said this is new in this car. Now I dont know what is this? Or is it true? Experts please comment.
I was surprised to see the silent engine; there was quite a low engine noise inside the cabin. Its time to play now first gear clutch was soft so as the gear shift. Car pulled nicely initial pickup is good. Now second what about rpms ? Where can I see this? Oh its at the center console. OK 1500 rpm. Now third at 2000 the car was pulling nicely but I do felt some lag. (May be I expect it same like my zen) but after forth the car was going nice. I have not done the high speed check as it was late and it was not allowed to take the car outside the exhibition area. So taken reverse turn and came back.
I felt the steering a bit heavy. Overall I liked the driving experience, a very short though to judge a vehicle. I felt that this will be a perfect car for my brother as he is not an aggressive driver. He also said OK. Booking
Finally decided to book it to grab the offers.
Now the offer mentioned in the news paper as
Bonus 10000 + free insurance (15000) + exchange bonus (15000)
My brother thought free insurance offer is also there for new vista but SE told as that its not.
He wants to go for LX which is 575317 on road PCMC (575317 10000 15000 = 550317) so final amount will be 550317 (perfect fit for his budget) which is actually 5,65,317L
But I was willing to go for VX which is 594771 on road (594771 10000 = 5,84,771
There is hardly difference of 20k so I suggested him to go for VX- what we get extra in VX than LX in 20k? 20 Extra Features in 20k
So finally my brother said OK will go with VX. Final quote:
- ABS with EBD Most important IMO
- Tilt-Adjustable Steering
- RPM Meter (Tachometer)
- Power Windows (Front & Rear)
- Front Fog Lamps
- Rear Fog Lamps
- Height-Adjustable Driver's Seat
- 60:40 Flip & Fold on Rear Seat
- Light Intensity Adjustment for Instrument Cluster
- Rear Windscreen De-mister
- Storage tray under co-drivers seat
- Interior Color Scheme Dual Tone (Ebony Black & Sahara Beige)
- Warning for driver door open
- Warning for seat-belt not fastened
- Internal Rear View mirror (IRVM) (Anti glare)
- Chrome Lining Around Fog lamps
- Chrome Lining on Front Bumper
- Premium Chrome Weather Strip
- Colored Rub Rails with Chrome Lining
- Handles With Chrome Lining (Body Colored with Chrome Lining)
Ex showroom 5,30,440
Extended warranty (2+2) 5,100
On Road 5,94,771
Final 5,94,771 10,000 5100 = 5,79,671
At last I had asked about free accessories - now the SE simply refused to give anything as its a newly launched car.
But after insisting for 10 minutes he called manager and manager agreed to give us
Mats, Mud flaps, Steering cover, Perfume, Coating + waxing, Body cover for free.
+ Tank full Diesel (37 Ltr) + 1 gram Gold coin (Exhibition offer)
Visa is a good specious VFM