New Hyundai Creta 1.6 Diesel MT Test Drive

Thread Starter #1
Recently I took test drive of face lifted Creta diesel 1.6. Following are my observations...

+
1. No turbo lag. Car is easy to drive in the crowded city.
2. Super easy to shift gear box.

_
1. There was noise from the suspension (khat khat) every time I try to accelerate car.
2. Some rattling sound and loud thud every time it was going over potholes.
3. Big let down was steering. It was vague and shows sudden resistance. Not smooth at all.
4. Did not feel confident about high speed stability.
5. Engine is dead silent at idling RPM but when RPM increases it becomes loud inside the cabin. Also sound insulation from outside noise is pretty average.

Considering above points, is it worth new Creta at 16.4 L for barebone base model on road in Pune? Few months back I took test drive of Reno Capture, honestly suspension handling and steering was far better than Creta. IMHO new Creta 1.6 diesel is overpriced by at least two lakhs by greedy Hundai.

I agree that it was test drive car but it was brand new from fresh lot with low milage.

Last edited:
Re: New Creta 1.6 diesel manual

Recently I took test drive of face lifted Creta diesel 1.6. Following are my observations...

+
1. No turbo lag. Car is easy to drive in the crowded city.
2. Super easy to shift gear box.

_
1. There was noise from the suspension (khat khat) every time I try to accelerate car.
2. Some rattling sound and loud thud every time it was going over potholes.
3. Big let down was steering. It was vague and shows sudden resistance. Not smooth at all.
4. Did not feel confident about high speed stability.
5. Engine is dead silent at idling RPM but when RPM increases it becomes loud inside the cabin. Also sound insulation from outside noise is pretty average.

Considering above points, is it worth new Creta at 16.4 L for barebone base model on road in Pune? Few months back I took test drive of Reno Capture, honestly suspension handling and steering was far better than Creta. IMHO new Creta 1.6 diesel is overpriced by at least two lakhs by greedy Hundai.

I agree that it was test drive car but it was brand new from fresh lot with low milage.
Totally agree with you the Creta is stubbornly overpriced.

If you can wait a couple of months, you can look at Tata Harrier, which will come with 2L mjd, and Hyundai's Auto gearbox.

Thread Starter #3
Re: New Creta 1.6 diesel manual

Totally agree with you the Creta is stubbornly overpriced.

If you can wait a couple of months, you can look at Tata Harrier, which will come with 2L mjd, and Hyundai's Auto gearbox.
Thanks. I seriously doubt that price will be bellow 15L considering it has imported engine. Also TATA Nexon is not convincing to me. I recently did Ladakh circuit. No Nexon, not even one. Ladakh roads are dominated by Maruti Dzire and plenty of Mahendra Xylo. Why Pseudo SUVs are not popular in Ladakh?

Last edited:

Top Bottom