Today I did a small test drive of the Nexon Petrol here. It was drive of about 6 kms to and fro. Some of my observations based on this short Test Drive are as follows:
1) Petrol Engine is too small for this size of car in terms of capacity. The increased power and torque don't translate into a great driving experience. Turbo lag very evident. Where is that 170 Nm of Torque
is my only question?
2) Acceleration in sports mode not really peppy.
3) NVH levels still are good.
4) In-City driving at best can be termed as average.
5) I shifted from Sports to City mode, there was a slight jerk too.
6) Transmission in petrol is not really well meshed. Could be a lot better.
7) Just about an average performer as far as Petrol engine is concerned.
8) My pick would any-day be the Diesel Nexon. Diesel Nexon is miles apart and ahead of Petrol Nexon in terms of performance.
9) If one drives the Petrol and Diesel Nexon back to back, I am sure, he/she shall be left asking for a more powerful performance from petrol one.
10) The one good thing though, I fell in love with the voice of Siri, "Sports mode activated".
11) No Revetron badge on the engine cover like Tigor. Though there is small sticker placed in the hood which mentions "Petrol".