My Experience with Toyota Innova G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Hello,

Here is a brief review of my stint with Toyota Innova G (Taken from our old forum).

This car was with me throughout the trip from Silvassa to Shirdi. It is one of the limited edition models, which has by now clocked 50,000+ Kilometers in the odometer.

So Good:

> Innova though is common and feels rather dated but after getting inside, it’s always a lively experience.

> Comfortable seating position with ample of space (1st and 2nd Row). There’s still enough of it if you decide to stretch the legs.

> The basic functions are easy to reach. Resulting – You need not to take the view completely off the road while driving.

> I found the air conditioner quite impressive. It was real hot outside but this car managed to keep the weather cool inside in no time.

> The white backlit instrument cluster appears neat and clean at the night – One of my favorites.

> Despite of continuous four hour long drive – Neither I nor other passengers felt tired at all.

> It offers a clear view of the road in front but the huge dashboard could be a concern for drivers with short height. Though ORVMs are big enough.

No Good:

> Noise of the tyres as well as engine is clearly audible inside even with the windows rolled up.

> Less luggage room. If the seating capacity if for seven persons. Where would their luggage go?

> The A-Pillar really hinders the visibility. More so in congested locations while taking U-Turns.

> There’s an exposed gear lever and other such bits that make this ‘Limited Edition’ look cheap.

> Manual outside rear view mirror adjustment is really a pain.

> The blackened edges of the head lamps make it look like as if it is already busted. I do not like it. Thankfully I think it isn’t present in the refreshed model.

Overall Innova is indeed a quite practical vehicle to cover up long trips with family in uttermost comfort. This car has bridged a segment that was missing in India. So I’m not surprised why it has become a runaway success out here. BTW, I have travelled in base version (E) too but then, that was a way too basic. Looking for a VFM model? G is surely the one for you. [thumbswink]

417.jpg

911.jpg

712.jpg

812.jpg

515.jpg

220.jpg

121.jpg

318.jpg

Drive Safe!
350Z

Nice review ... Was that you taking the video (Visible in the last picture)? I thought the limited edition would come with a factory fitted Audio system..hmm..

Thread Starter #6

350Z

Core Team
Neil.Bhujbal said:
Would you advice buying a innova over any other vehicle with in the same price range ?
Yes, if the budget permits. Why not?

BlackBeauty said:
I thought it was only in Maruti 800.
Yeah. It looks really very odd in a car worth Rs.8 Lakhs.

Interceptor said:
Nice review ... Was that you taking the video (Visible in the last picture)? I thought the limited edition would come with a factory fitted Audio system..hmm..
Thanks. Yes, that’s me in the last image.

Drive Safe!
350Z

Nice report man.

You have mentioned for 7+ passenger there is low luggage space.
But the truth is that none other 8 seater have this much luggage space

Yes the white lit instrument panes id so good. Adding to your plus is that ac. its differently chill in this car. does any one know why? same chill can be experienced in tempo traveler factory fitted ac and mazda ac

And my experience in driving a v model. It was so comfortable , After a 7 hr continuous driving , i took my bike to measure the city limits. I was so fresh.

> The blackened edges of the head lamps make it look like as if it is already busted. I do not like it. Thankfully I think it isn’t present in the refreshed model.
Very well written review buddy.

But... all innovas come with blacked out headlamps including the petrols & the new facelifted ones.

Thread Starter #10

350Z

Core Team
hey me too having the same HU in my alto as in your innova. its a pioneer 2950MP i think. right?
Yup. It’s a Pioneer Head Unit.

But... all innovas come with blacked out headlamps including the petrols & the new facelifted ones.
I do not think that the face lifted model has it. Here’s an image.

New Toyota Innova.jpg

Old Toyota Innova.jpg

Drive Safe!
350Z

Hi i too own a innova!!! so does yours also get a few knicks on the body easily, other than this and the easily scratchable paint the innova is an amazing MUV[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Shanksta,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. Feel free to start an Ownership review of your Innova. It is one of my favorite car and sadly we don't have many ownership reports on board.

Hi Shanksta,

A very warm Welcome to The Automotive India. Feel free to start an Ownership review of your Innova. It is one of my favorite car and sadly we don't have many ownership reports on board.
Firstly,sorry for the late reply. Thank you! yes ,once my innova completes 50k then i'll post my ownership review. Mine is the facelifted 2009 Gx version it has completed 40k kilometers as of date and is a gem of a car.Best car in its segment.[;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom