Hyundai Elantra Fluidic Facelift Diesel (MT) Driven

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
20150602_121921.jpg

Hyundai Elantra Fluidic Face-Lift has been launched at a starting price of Petrol model being:

S petrol - Rs. 14,13,196
SX petrol - Rs. 15,41,078
SX -AT petrol - Rs. 16,49,906

Price of the Diesel Model being:

Base Model diesel : Rs. 14,57,677
S diesel : Rs. 15,35,275
SX diesel : Rs. 16,67,688
SX-AT diesel : Rs. 17,94,179

All prices are Ex-Showroom Delhi. The Elantra Fluidic Face-lift comes with 6 Speed Auto and 6 Speed Manual transmission and refined CRDI and VTVT Petrol and Diesel Engine respectively. The Fluidic Elantra by Hyundai comes equipped with 1.8 L Petrol engine that delivers are power output of 148 bhp and torque of 178nm at 4700 Rpm. Talking about the diesel variant, which I drove today, is equipped with 1.6 L CRDI Diesel engine that delivers power of 126 bhp and a torque of 260nm at 1900 to 2750 rpm.

20150602_121929.jpg

Talking of the looks of this new Fluidic Elantra, the Fluidic design looks really attractive even today when there is stiff competition in sedan segment. Further to complement this wonderful design the facelift Elantra boasts of spacious interiors with Top notch quality as always expected from Hyundai in their products.

Engine Bay

20150602_121736.jpg

What I feel is that having a 1.6 L Diesel engine in car that is costing around 18+ lacs is slightly awkward. When a person shall invest such a big amount then certainly he/she shall demand power and performance. Hyundai gives 1.6 L engine in their Verna sedan too hence Elantra being bigger and more expense than Verna should at least get a 2.0 L Diesel like Skoda Octavia. Due to lack of proper diesel engine, its tough for Elantra to compete against likes of Cruze and Octavia in my view.

In Cabin Experience.

20150602_121757.jpg

I must say the cabin of Elantra Fluidic is really finished up nicely. This time Hyundai has given all Black interiors to the Elantra which lend the cabin a premium appeal and breaks the monotony of Beige and Black. While Driving the car I was really impressed with its low NVH levels. Not only the interiors but even the insulation is well done both inside-out. The CRDI Diesel engine is really refined.

Seating

20150602_121834.jpg

The seats of Elantra are really comfortable both at front and back. They provide proper support to the passenger in terms of legroom and under-thigh support. Though I drove in City, but with these sort of well designed seats even those who'll drive on highways shall have a great experience. Also there is an adjustable armrest in front but its position is bit low which fails the real use of it. To maximize the driver's seating comfort, the driver seat has been provided with 10-way electrical adjustment.

Tyre(s)

20150602_122359.jpg

Elantra Fluidic's new 10-spoke 16" wheels look decent in flesh. The car I drove had Good Year Rubber and equipped with disc brake. The Tyre spec used for this Elantra as OEM is 205/60/R16. Driving with the Good Year was quite good. The ride felt cushioned.

* Continued in next post.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #2

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Hyundai Elantra Fluidic Face-lift Diesel (MT) Driven

Interiors

Steering

20150602_121418.jpg

20150602_121429.jpg

The steering of the face-lift Elantra Fludic comes equipped with steering mounted controls like Cruise Control and Bluetooth etc. My opinion about the steering to be honest, is that this steering is feather light. In City driving where the average speed range is 60-90 kms, this type of steering wheel will help in giving less fatigue to the driver and shall complement the comfortable ride overall. In traffic, the responsiveness of this light steering shall help in cornering and turning of the car. However, to say the same about the prowess of this steering on highway shall have contradictory views. When I asked about the steering wheel's feedback to the Hyundai's executive, he told, on high speeds the steering becomes accurately hard and won't cause an issue.

Transmission

As I have driven the 6 Speed Manual model so the up-shift and down shift were pretty smooth in my opinion and no jerks were felt while changing the gears. The car comes with the reverse gear that engages in the forward position. The Gear Lever appeared to be decently designed. I was told by the executive that the AT model of Elantra Face-lift is arriving on order only. They were not provided with a car that had the AT Box. The gear shifts as told are smooth and so won't interfere with the driving pleasure. However, please note, this is not a racing car where one expects that it shall speed up really fast. This car is designed for those who love to cruise and not chase.[:)]

Ride and Handling

If I speak of the ride quality of the car, then many factors contribute to it. In this face-lift Elantra, foremost, what I noticed was it has balanced ride. The suspension in the rear is worked upon so jerks are not felt as harsh. Of the front suspension if I talk then on concrete breakers you'll not face any jerk issue, it passes over them peacefully but if it has to pass on speed breaker like the Black and Yellow ones we have then on a speed of 40km/h the jerk shall be felt specially in the front. Ride of car not only depends on its technical specs and components but also depends on which type of roads the car is driven. If the roads are smooth and well laid then issues are less where as on un-even roads, even the best of the car shall sight few issues with the ride quality.

Center Console

20150602_121444.jpg

Let me tell you all, whenever I get a chance to click and write about a car, then after the exterior looks, the next thing that catches my eye is the center console/dashboard lay-out of the car. The dashboard lay-out design helps in identifying as to what all the technical and comfort feature the car has to offer to a good extent. The Center Console of new Elantra Face-lift is well incorporated with gadgets and host of features like the auto climate control, digital clock, the new 4.3" touchscreen infotainment system with piano Black casing. FYI, the worst digital clock till date I have seen is that of the Toyota Altis Corolla. Now, the multimedia screen serves as reverse display too. Coming to the front AC vents, I am told that they have been re-designed and have now positioned next to multimedia system and can be shut-off completely as well.

Internal Storage Space

Roof mounted sun-glass holder integrated in front overhead lamp

20150602_122216.jpg

USB, Aux, I-pod sockets. The 12V charging socket is located beside the center console though. Can be effectively used in keeping smart key.

20150602_122206.jpg

Stylish A,B,C Pedals

20150602_122152.jpg

Electrically Adjusting ORVMs with in-built side markers. The viewing space quite good.

20150602_122132.jpg

Electric IRVM

20150602_122225.jpg

Well-placed Power Window and ORVM controls for ease of driver

20150602_122255.jpg

The Push Button Start Stop.

20150602_122139.jpg

The ESP button, instrument-cluster light setting button and headlamp adjustment button.

20150602_122306.jpg

* Continued in next post.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #3

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Ground Clearance

Good ground clearance specially in Sedans plays an important role in its overall ride. As evident from the picture below, the Elantra face-lift does have decent ground clearance. As I drove it over speed breakers never did it scrap through any of them.

20150602_121901.jpg

Designed in-line with car's design, the Exhaust Tip

20150602_121856.jpg

Boot Space: The new Fluidic Elantra boasts of well designed boot which is 485 liter in capacity and has a net pocket too for keeping loose items.

20150602_121849.jpg

External Lights: Headlamps, Fog Lamps and Tail Lights.

20150602_121746.jpg

20150425_115425.jpg

Elantra Face-lift comes equipped with Projectors and Halogen Bulb combo. Halogen Bulb is used in the parking lamp. This combo during the bad weather and even at night will be helpful for the driver by providing additional visibility. Another addition done to the Elantra this time are the stylish DRL look alike called as "Pilot" Lights. They provide a certain aggressive character to the car's front profile.

20150602_122434.jpg

The re-designed L-shape fog-lamp accentuate the flowing lines of the Elantra Face-lift.

20150602_122409.jpg

Tail Lamps have been tweaked to provide the much appreciated LED-look and they also have a touch of smoke-look in them.

Wipers

20150602_122449.jpg

The quality of wiper blades used in Elantra Face-lift are good and they are equipped with intermittent function. The swipe area when tested was really nice. The responsiveness and spread of windshield washer's spray is quite good.

Smart Key Sensor: Both front doors in the Elantra Face-lift have been equipped with the request sensors.

20150602_122423.jpg

Rear Profile of Elantra Fluidic Face-lift

20150602_121822.jpg

The rear profile of the Elantra has been re-worked this time around. Just like the front, the rear also gets clean upgrades. With re-designed tail lamps and reflectors the car certainly looks more premium and a head-turner if I may say. The flowing lines of the tail lights complement the rear profile of the car very well.

20150602_122443.jpg

What I Liked

* The Fluidic Design is well executed over all.

* Loaded with features and all are useful

* Rear AC vents for additional comfort of passengers.

* Well Designed dashboard. In-line with the fluidic design theory of Hyundai.

* NVH level is very nice. No abrupt harshness in the engine sound even after it being a diesel car.

* Very Refined Diesel engine.

* Smooth and Well meshed 6-Speed manual transmission

* Pick Up is good.

* Loaded with safety features like 6 airbags, ESP, ABS, EBD.

* AC Cooling is great too.

What Can be Improved

* No Electric Power Brake

* More powerful engine would be a boon.

* Steering can be improved further.

* All Black Interiors are difficult to keep clean. The interiors are bound to get stained easily.

* No sun-roof provided to a car that is 18+ Lacs.

Dimensions of the Fluidic Elantra Face-lift

Length: 4530mm

Breadth: 1775mm

Height: 1470mm

Wheelbase: 2570mm

All Pics are only for The Automotive India. Any Re-Use needs full credit to T.A.I​

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team

Note: Thread now live. Great review again, Akash. [thumbsup]

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Some Close Up's Of Fluidic Elantra Face-Lift

I really admire the stance of this car and the dual barrel instrument cluster with MID.

20150602_121411.jpg

20150602_121500.jpg

20150425_115456.jpg

Regards

Akash

Last edited:

Top Bottom