What Could Be Improved
* Rear Headroom, Being a coupe type design the rear headroom is tad low for the tall people. This issue is also there in the CLA class. A Person like me who is 6 ft had bit of tough luck in this respect while seated in CLS Class.
* Not a proper 5 seater car since it can only accommodate 4 pax including driver. The rear center console takes up lot of space. The width of the rear seat is also not really much if one thinks to accommodate a 5th person.
* Egress and Ingress, as the seats are bit sunken so once the driver or passenger needs to move out of the car, then even with decent ground clearance, its not that easy.
Some Salient Features of New CLS Class by Mercedes Benz
* A 7-speed automatic transmission.
* Driving Options of Economy or Sport mode
* The ECO start/stop function for economized fuel consumption when engine is idle at traffic signals.
* Diamond look radiator grille in Black
* MULTI-BEAM LED with integral daytime running lights.
* 10-spoke light-alloy wheels
* Frame-less window glasses
* Single Pillar in center for back and front doors.
* Floor lamps on all doors
* Foot-well lamps.
* Darkened tail lights featuring LED technology
* New Design 3 Spoke steering with mounted Audio Controls
* Automatic Lowering feature in front passenger ORVM when reverse gear is engaged while parking.
* 8-inch high-resolution Media Display with Navigation, telephone, audio, video, internet and the COMAND control.
* Hand Brake provided as a separate pedal in the foot well.
* Acoustic system is Logic 7® technology from Harman Kardon with 14 high-performance speakers and 5.1 Channel recording.
* 360° camera and Active Parking Assist
* AIRMATIC air suspension is provided in this CLS Class which ensures the ride comfort and dynamic handling at a very high level.
* High Beam Assist
* Smart Key.
* Apart from the regular Mercedes safety features, there is a host of features for additional safety which include ASR, Hill Start Assist, and ATTENTION ASSIST.
* 8 airbags for all round safety of driver and the passenger during collisions.
* Top Speed is 260 km/h.
* Low mounted rear stop lamp. Its prone to damage considering the bumper to bumper traffic we have in majority of cities in India.
So friends, I do hope this short and crisp Test Drive Feedback is helpful to you all. The CLS Class does look way more improved than its earlier siblings but still for tall people there is a lot of improvement which can surely be achieved by Mercedes Benz.
All pics are for The Automotive India Only. Re-Use of the Pics needs full credit to T.A.I.