Yet another weekend and yet another luxury SUV to drive! Nothing’s better to make an overcast afternoon really exciting. So, this time I am writing about the Test Drive of Land Rover Free Lander 2 with a Diesel heart. Really appreciate the efforts of Mr. Kundra at AMP Motors, Mathura Road, New Delhi to make this test drive possible and doing all the documentation really fast.
Having driven so many automatics in past few days, I have developed a liking towards them and honestly in today’s heavy traffic cars with an automatic transmission are the safest and the best bet. Talking about the Free Lander 2, from the looks of it, this SUV is well designed on the exteriors without any unwanted curves and bulges protruding from any corner. It is a simple looking SUV but definitely a pleasure to the eyes.
Following are the Variants of the Free Lander 2 offered by Land Rover. All of the below mentioned variants come with a 2.2 Ltr Diesel Engine.
About the Interiors If I talk in general, the Free Lander 2 is quite spacious and has all leather upholstery to further enhance the luxurious appeal of the SUV with the Land Rover and Meridian Audio Set up being offered according to the variants. The acoustic feel of the car is really nice and a variant based configuration of 6, 11 and 17 speakers is offered with the respective audio set up.
What I liked in the Land Rover’s Free Lander 2
• No Cabin Noise.
• Well Modulated NVH Level
• Easy and Simple to use 6 Speed Auto Gear Box
• The Acoustic Setup.
• Engine is really responsive.
• Not much apparent turbo lag.
• The Well designed Center Console.
• Steering mounted controls for easy access.
• Cruise Control
• Well designed Tail lights and Projector Head lamps with washers.
• Really safe SUV with Airbags, ABS
, Roll Stability and a host of other features.
• Automatic Climate Control AC with Re-circulation and Air Filtration feature. Cabin cooling was fast, even and really good.
• The Alloy Designs were simple yet elegant and as OEM
feature, the Free Lander 2 comes with 17” rims.
• The accessibility and positioning of the Power Window Buttons and Electric ORVM adjusters.
Technical Specs of the Free-Lander-2 Diesel
# Continued in Next Post