BMW GT Driven: Superb Bavarian Experience

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Here is some more dose of yet another brilliant test drive for all of you. Got an opportunity to be a part of an exquisite Test Drive of the BMW 3 Series GT (184 Hp and 380 Nm Torque) along with my friend Sidharth. The test drive was conducted at BMW showroom, Mathura Road, New Delhi under the able guidance and supervision of Mr. Abhishek. Mind you, he is one humble fellow who addressed all our queries and explained in detail about the car.

IMG_20150228_160417.jpg

What I liked about the BMW 3 Series GT​

* Superb Pick up

* The BMW I-drive setup

* BMW providing the spare wheel now along with run-flats.

* The plush leather interior including the sporty steering.

* GT Spoiler, coming out automatically at high speed.

* The overall design of the car. The front especially looks very nice.

* The Sports Mode.

* The eco cut-off feature is a big fuel saver.

* Traction Control and Stability Control Feature being present.

* Great Acoustic Setup provided.

* Frame-less Doors add to the uber-cool appeal of the GT.

* The 8 Speed Auto transmission.

* Auto Start and Stop.

* Rear AC Panel.

* Speed Limiter was really good one, definitely a great measure to ensure safe and smooth drive.

* 18" Alloys with multi-spoke design accentuate the design of the 3 Series GT.

* Intelligent Airbag System and ABS.

* Panoramic Sun-roof

* Seat Split of 40:20:40

* As I was sitting at the back, I felt really comfortable in terms of the leg-room that is provided for rear passengers in the car.

*The boot space can be extended upto 1600 Litres from the OEM 520 Litres.

Only one thing is missing in this car and i.e the much needed Cruise Control feature. With the kind of power and torque and other performance figures, that feature would have been a great provision in the GT.

The 3 Series GT comes in 5 shades, Alpine White, Black Sapphire, Glacier Silver, Brilliant Blue and Sparkling Brown.

IMG_20150228_161304.jpg

IMG_20150228_161330.jpg

IMG_20150228_162605.jpg

IMG_20150228_162624.jpg

IMG_20150228_162637.jpg

IMG_20150228_162646.jpg

IMG_20150228_162514.jpg

IMG_20150228_162658.jpg

Here is a small video of our Test Drive of the BMW GT. Overall the car is really aerodynamic and very well featured too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1whm7h8X7Q&feature=youtu.be

So buddies, I hope you enjoy reading this short and sweet experience of mine with the BMW GT. Hope its useful for all of you.

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
What i loved most was the frameless doors.

How is its ground clearence?
GC of GT is quite good. We drove it on some speed breakers too and it did not scrap on them. What a nice car it was!

Photos should have been in greater Cam,guys.
I appreciate your effors,not complaining,just mentioned my opinion.
Vishnu these pics were taken from my Lava Iris phone some months back. I am really thankful to you for the humble praise buddy. Now I have a better smart cam as you may have noted in my coverage and pics.[:)]

Regards

Akash

Thread Starter #8

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

BMW has launched a new variant of the 3 Series Gran Turismo, i.e Sport Line in India on Tuesday with a price of Rs 39,90,000. The BMW 320d Gran Turismo Sport Line gets locally produced at the BMW's Plant in Chennai.

Its design elements include kidney grille slats and Air Breather in high-gloss Black; entry sills 'BMW Sport' aluminium; car key with Red trim; side window frames in Matt Black; sport leather steering wheel and seats with red contrast stitching; and interior trim in fine-wood with Pearl Chrome accents.
Link

Regards

Akash

Friends,

BMW has launched a new variant of the 3 Series Gran Turismo, i.e Sport Line in India on Tuesday with a price of Rs 39,90,000. The BMW 320d Gran Turismo Sport Line gets locally produced at the BMW's Plant in Chennai.

Link

Regards

Akash
Looks much better than the variant to test-drove IMO. Looks more stylish and sporty as the GT moniker suggests.

Top Bottom