Got a chance to meet the famous "Coopers". The affable and cute Mini Cooper twins. It was a regular day as usual, as afternoon approached, started to get bored and out of no where decided to drive the Mini Coopers irrespective whether I get a 3 or 5 door one. So, reached the Vasant Kunj outlet of Mini i.e Bird Automotive and was warmly welcomed as they all know me since I went to check out the 5 Door Mini Cooper when it was launched in late 2014.
Here is a Red 5 Door Cooper
After checking out the Coopers finally decided to Test Drive the 5 Door one with Diesel heart. So after the needful formalities, the executive of Bird Automotive finally gave a go-ahead and within next few second I was sitting inside one of the cutest 5 door hatch. What attracted me the most was that from inside this Mini Cooper is really well designed with a cockpit type instrument cluster and controls. I was ably informed by the executive about some major technicalities of the 5 door like the power, torque, displacement etc.
Technical Specs of the Mini Cooper 3 Door and 5 Door.
What I liked about the 5 Door Mini Cooper
* Being Diesel, the engine felt powerful, responsive and the NVH was really well modulated.
* Quite Feature loaded. You have navigation, A Brilliant, Informative and Colorful MID.
* 2 Tone upholstery looked very good. It was combo Black and Red.
* Tight Space Cornering and Parking was fantastic.
* Unique Start Stop Button.
* Acoustics of the car are really good.
* Smooth and Fast Acceleration. Mini Cooper attracts a lot of people due to its superb acceleration.
* Externally it appears to be really sporty design but yes the charm of being a cute Cooper is still maintained.
* Being a 5 Door, ample legroom in rear seats. Quite comfortable rear seating it has. Being 2nd time with the 5 door, I really admire the rear seating space.
* The Sunroof adds to the sporty character of the car.
* A simple but very responsive 6 speed transmission.
* Alloy Designs in 16 inch and the run-flat Tyre(s).
* Cruise Control integrated in steering.
* Projector Headlamps.
* The Sport Driving Mode.
* The Green Mode, In this the car automatically stops at traffic signals if Red.
* Automatic Climate Control AC
* Excellent Braking.
* Adjustable Steering
The one thing that I want BMW to improve in this car is that for tall people like me the ingress and egress is a big issue. Even with Seat Height Adjustment on driver's side, the issue was still there to come-out of the car.
The Cooper 5 Door, though might look cute but its equally powerful in terms of drive and a feature rich car from BMW's stable. It is one of those car's in my view on which the chrome does look really good and reminds you of the charm for which Mini Cooper is known till-date.
Some Pics of the 3 Door Mini Cooper(D)
So, Friends, I hope you all are benefited by this review. It was one the best Test Drives for me. Overall a this Mini Cooper is a good car for the enthusiasts who love looks and power both. Really a cool and fun to drive car!!