Here is the 1st test drive report of the recently launched new VW Jetta 2015 for T.A.I. The model driven by me is the Jetta TDi with DSG. The car was sent to my home by the dealer here in Noida and the executives Mr. Pankaj and Mr. Ajay ably helped in coordinating of the test drive. This car actually was out of town for a couple of days so I had to delay the Test Drive report by a few days. Finally, today morning the VW executive confirmed the availability of the car and bought it home.
The new VW Jetta in 2015 was launched on 17th Feb 2015 in Mumbai and in Delhi was launched on 18th of Feb 2015 respectively in 2 variants i.e 1.4 L Petrol and 2.0 L Diesel. For more details about launch and pricing please refer to this link.
Technical Details of New VW Jetta
Being one from the VAG i.e VW and Audi Group, the new Jetta does offer a sense of style, comfort and great design and yet keeping the things simple. As it is often said, beauty lies in simplicity, new VW Jetta is a true example of that.
Things I appreciate in the new VW Jetta 2015
* Considering it to be a diesel engine, the NVH levels are really very good and modulated.
* Headroom is good for tall people. All thanks to the driver side seat height adjustment.
* Pick Up is really good. Ride quality is smooth and well balanced. The car can easily be driven without much effort on 90-100 km.
* Braking is also really nice at speeds of 90-100 km/h. No jerk while braking on high speeds.
* The engine is really responsive. No complaints in terms of responsiveness. Not at all sluggish.
* Very Good Interiors. The seating was really comfortable with ample legroom and thigh support.
* The DRL's in front headlamps give it a striking look.
* The trademark horn. Audible and very good in sound as well.
* Build Quality. I feel its one of the USP of VAG. Even now, Skoda, VW, Audi all of them I have found to be very well built.
* The front Infotainment panel is really simple to use and good quality of display.
* Cornering and Turning of the car is excellent.
* 6 Speed DSG is really easy to operate and fantastic at response.
* The Cruise Control integrated in the steering wheel itself for easy access.
* Highly Secure and Safe car with excellent safety features for all passengers.
* Paint Quality and shine on the road looks brilliant. Standing inside showrooms, all cars look beautiful but the real thing comes out when they are driven on roads.
* The design of the Alloy wheels look really beautiful and well finished.
Things to be Improved by VW
* Adding a sun-roof, today even an entry level sedan like Honda City gives one.
* The after-sales support needs to be improvised upon for sure. If anyone buys the car then having a good after-sales support is really important.
* Missing chrome tip on exhausts.
* The rubber on acceleration and brake paddle could be better. The positioning also needs a slight improvement.
* The petrol spec engine i.e Tsi 1.4 can be upgraded to at-least a 1.5 L spec. In Vento and Rapid we have 1.5 Spec so why cant Jetta also have it!
* Absence of Electric Parking Brake.
Finally, It is always a pleasure to drive a refined Diesel sedan with an AT box at disposal. The car is definitely better than the previous generations but it is yet to be seen how shall it fare against competitors like the Chevrolet Cruze and Toyota Altis Corolla.
Closing pics of the New Jetta
As I conclude, I hope the above test drive review is helpful to you all. The pics are exclusively for the The Automotive India only. Re-use shall require due credit to T.A.I.