Datsun Go+ (T): Test Drive Review.

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Buddies,

Got my hands on the newly launched Datsun Go+ MPV from Datsun today morning. So here is my short and sweet Test Drive Review of the same. The model I drove was the Top End model in Petrol i.e T Variant. The top Variant costs INR 4.61 Lacs (Ex Showroom).

For details of the Datsun Go+ MPV please refer to this thread.

Photo0215.jpg

There are 4 variants of the Datsun Go+ i.e D, D1, A and T. Since the car was not registered hence it could not be taken on a long route.

What I Appreciate

* Practical Seating.

* AC works well.

* Paint Quality is good.

* Ground clearance is also good.

* The Power Steering in top variant gives slight ease of driving.

* The MID System

* Follow me home feature in head lamps.

Photo0221.jpg

Photo0218.jpg

Photo0219.jpg

Photo0220.jpg

What should be improved

* The Engine Noise. The noise is pretty harsh on acceleration.

* The Engine sounds like one is driving a Maruti Omni.

* Gear Shifting is really hard.

* Clutch also needs to be re-worked.

* No safety features except seat-belts.

* Horn is Feeble.

* Jerks in 2nd gear pick-up

* Desperately needs a diesel engine to make it sell.

* The hand-brake looks really odd.

* Misses on Glove Compartment lid.

* Cabin noise too needs to be mellowed down.

* Absence of ABS is evident while braking at high speed i.e 90 to 100 km/h

* Misses on even a basic audio system. Just an option of USB.

Photo0222.jpg

Photo0225.jpg

Photo0226.jpg

I am really doubtful of this car's sales for personal ownership but it shall be a VFM for those who only look to buy a car with a AC. The A and T version can have some buyers if those buyers are not concerned about engine noise and ABS etc. During my test drive I checked the FE and it was 8.8 km/L only.

Photo0224.jpg

Photo0223.jpg

Photo0217.jpg

Photo0214.jpg

Overall, It is nothing more than a elongated Datsun Go Hatchback and Datsun definitely needs to rework on a lot of parameters of this car. A major issue shall arise when the cars shall be made to comply to safety norms and as we all know how Datsun Go Hatch had fared in the crash test so taking that as a lesson, Datsun definitely has immense scope of improvement in this MPV. Cost cutting measures of Datsun are very much evident in the offering. Datsun has offered a vehicle to India with features that use to be there in cars a decade back.

All I can say is with the price it has been launched it will majorly attract commercial buyers because in personal ownership there are many better equipped cars from other brands in this price.

Hope you all find this review helpful.

Regards

Akash

Last edited:
Excellent share buddy,thankyou for posting down your experience.
Its very much evident about the quality not tobe expected at this time of automobile scenario.How much would be diesel noisy if petrol variant you tested was soo much audible.
How was the seating comfort, did you checked all the three rows?
They have not even given a glove compartment, what about other storage space?
Price point is where we can see this might sell.

Thread Starter #4

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Excellent share buddy,thankyou for posting down your experience.
How was the seating comfort, did you checked all the three rows?
Thanks Vijay, Seating is just to say, practical enough. However, with 2nd row up, passenger in 3rd row (1 Adult only) will feel tight. Storage spaces are also not much. The Glove box or Document Box is just one. No lids etc and the documents are bound to fall if the car passes over a speed bump at 40-50 km/h by chance.

Satish, Knew you'll pick something or the other[lol]! I'll give them an infraction on grammatical error!

Regards

Akash

Few things I hate
- Datsun Go / Go+ has only a couple of Key holes (one is the ignition at steering column and other is on the Driver side door) What if the driver door lock goes wrong?
- Part commonization is agreed, but not to this extent. Other OEMs do differentiate their different segment vehicles (though from same platform) with different Bumper / Grills & the Tail lamps, which isn't the case with Datsun
- Why give an unusable 3rd row?
- 5 seater & 7 seater with same engine spec? (either of one is over powered or the other is under powered)
- Seat belts (I don't want to comment here)

Few things I hate
- Datsun Go / Go+ has only a couple of Key holes (one is the ignition at steering column and other is on the Driver side door) What if the driver door lock goes wrong?
- Part commonization is agreed, but not to this extent. Other OEMs do differentiate their different segment vehicles (though from same platform) with different Bumper / Grills & the Tail lamps, which isn't the case with Datsun
- 5 seater & 7 seater with same engine spec? (either of one is over powered or the other is under powered)
- Seat belts (I don't want to comment here)
Plus,
-the cheap looking key remembers me the key of old Bajaj Chetaks.Even Maruti 800 has better ones.
-those cheap puny tyres.

I think the third row can be better used for carrying luggage than people.Throw away those third row seats,GO+ will become a VFM "hatch".

Top Bottom