As a part of my bro's test drive attempts, he took me for a test drive for Verito here in Trichy. He said that verito is special because it is one of the proper >4 meter sedan available now at less than 8 lacs.
This is a small test drive review on Verito D6.
Booked a test drive with Shiva automobiles in Trichy who is a Mahindra dealer. My writeup in points :
Demo car of VERITO D6 Diesel arrived dot on time. Kudos to punctuality
.D2, D4 are other lower variants
Did a test drive of it. Now my views are below:
- A proper sedan with excellent FE.
- real solid build unlike wafer thin metals of today's latest cars.
- Sufficient thud sound from door
- Nice looking front grille (subjective look really)
- Comparitively 20% less boxy to logan or previous generation verito with those few mods in boot looks and side looks.
- Humongous boot
- Overall car really looks metal (I mean a solid build)
- Nice alloys
- Nice interior looks and feel unlike its previous version.
- Nice seat comfort
- Inside space way ahead of several sub 4 meter sedans and can even compete with C2 sedan levels. Logan was known for it WIDE BODY LOGAN what i used to call.
- Powerful AC cools cabin in minutes
- No rattling or any visual defect for a 33000+ kms driven test drive car may offer some confidence to buyer
- Truly offers premium quality from inside but boxy outside
- Nice suspension, braking system.
- catchy price (D6 all loaded ABS
+ Airbags for ~7.50 lac OTR)
- very well Proven Renault 1.5 ltr diesel engine
- minimal turbo lag
- First thing first - It has Stiff steering (and it is called power steering??) . wonder what mahindra is doing here
. Come on mahindra we are in 2014 !
- Boxy looks
- Very few catchy colours (grey looks good in paper)
- too much plastic mouldings on sides
- looks less elegant (looks subjective again)
- less cars sold giving negative thinking in minds of prospective buyers
1. I feel this car could have done far better if Mahindra marketed it in a proper way.
2. I heard spares availability are not that good may be A.S.S issues
3. Outdated car (Really? with sub 4 meter introduction?)
Overall: It is a true VFM
sedan at that price. Cannot compare anything closer to it at this price for what is offered. It is truly a masculine car "VERITO MAN" as the caption says.
Personal verdict: I like the car. It is a proper brainy car rather than a heart car i can say for that price.
1. Proper mobile communication
2. Specific to our requirement for a verito test drive
3. test drive vehicle came as per committed time.
4. A genuine sales executive: He was a sane/experienced man. He never explained much in detail or compared to other brands/ cars. Poor fellow had a black and white print out in place of brochures for car features. The moment we drove the car for a drive I started complaining about the steering. He said we have to live with this which in course of time will get used to. He himself admitted that the car has everything from inside of it to offer you but for steering. Neutral attitude on car.