Skoda Rapid Ultimate Elegance MPI 1.6 AT

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends
As my requirement was for sedan vehicle within a budget of 10-12 lakhs and Automatic version in Petrol variant.

Vehicles considered are
Honda City, Fluidic Verna, Renault Scala, VW Vento, Nissan Sunny & Skoda Rapid.

Test drive Honda City, it is very good, the engine was very smooth, very spacious, good braking, drove for around 8 to 10 kms. Liked the car in all aspect, execpt the tires too skinny, alloy design not standing out and wife was feeling it is the same engine configuration as Amaze. But main reason was long waiting period of 4 months for the VX AT model.

Fludic Verna, test drive the SX AT version, liked it very much, but flet let down that SX(O) AT was not avaiable till March 6. And on March 7, had got a call from dealer that now SX(0) AT petrol is back in production, which was removed by company earlier in Jan/Feb. Features wise it was best car, the SX version the ride was smooth, but it was not spacious in the rear and somehow flet it was too crowded.

Vento, Scala, Nissan the AT model for TD was not there.

Then had contacted the Skoda. The dealer had informed there not AT car for test drive. But if any customer car comes in, he will inform me. Luckily a customer car had come in Skoda Rapid Elegance 1.6 MPI MY14 model. So had gone to the show room, it was love at first sight with Rapid beauty. Had a discussion with customer and he was polite enough to let me try out the vehicle. And did a quick Test drive of the same. And had made up my mind to go for the same model.

So have booked the Skoda Rapid Ultimate Elegance 1.6 MPI AT model this week on Tuesday , silver color. Delivery is promised around first week of April.
Then started the negotiation on the pricing and what all accessories are needed.
Finally it worked as below.

Ex Showroom 1013963
Skoda Shield 54463
Depot Charges & CRTM Charges 7500
RTO Individual 56702
Drive Assure 10815
On Road Price 1143443
Municiple Tax 17634
Final On Road Price 1161077

Discount - Skoda Shield 54463
Grand Final On Road after Discount 1106614

Accessories Add-On
Philips HID H7 for low beam 17500
Skoda Horn Laura 4500
Navigation with MAP /DVD/Touchscreen 45000
Component Speaker (Fr&Bk) 8500
Door Visor 5500
Alloy Special Black Paint to give sporty 22000
Black Cover on the Roof 3M 8500
Accessories Total 111500
After Flat Discount 80000
Final Figure 1186614
Additional Accessories free as part of 80k package
Teflon Coating (Free)
Pillow Set (Free)
Neck Rest Set (Free)
Mud Flaps (Free)

Plus a special finance scheme of 7.9% interest loan for 3 years on the full value of the car.

- Horn for Rs 4500 looks pricey as also others in the big list accessories. I wonder if you really need so many of them.

Got it. it has this distinctive sound something like a air horn of the old times. Good to scatter any impeding traffic on Indian roads.[:)]

Top Bottom