2013 Dodge Journey

Thread Starter #1
My friend bought one of these last week or $30,000 Australian.
Regular price on the tag was around 38000 however end of year model run out sale got him a bargain.

Feature Availability (From Website)

Standards and options include;
All-new 3.6-litre Pentastar® V6 engine
6-speed Automatic Transmission
17-inch Aluminium Wheels
Second-row 60/40 Flat-fold, Reclining Seats
Third-row 50/50 Flat-fold, Reclining Seats
Tri-Zone Automatic Temperature Control (ATC) Air-conditioning
Uconnect Touch 8.4 CD/DVD/MP3 radio with 8.4-inch touch screen (Late Availability)
Uconnect Phone(7)
Uconnect Voice Command(8)
Advanced Multi-stage Front Air Bags(1)
Supplemental Front Seat-mounted Side Air Bags(1)
Supplemental Side-curtain Air Bags(1)
Active Front-seat Head Restraints(2)
Electronic Stability Control (ESC)(3)
All-speed Traction Control (ASTC)
Four-wheel Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
ParkView™ Reversing Camera(4)(Late Availability)
Tyre Pressure Monitoring Warning System (TPM)
Sentry Key® Immobiliser and Alarm

Review as per the long drive I had:

Performance: We all know , we get what we pay for. Considering a car with an ability to carry 7 people must have enough power to actually get you to your destination without having to struggle.
Engine wise its a 3.6 L V6 engine mated to a 6 speed auto/semi auto transmission . Felt pretty decent when it comes to power but not much of a smoother or we can say linear power delivery through out the different rev range. I pushed the car with 4 people in car and it didn't feel like as if it had a 6 cylinder motor.

Ride Quality, build & Space: The ride quality was good, didn't feel the bumps in the car. That is exactly what you look for when you buy a family 7 seater car. Suspension wise I would give 4 out of 5.
Build Quality , well its looks like a premium build from inside however when you actually knock over the interior you can hear that plastic knock ,well thats an american car not to expect more than that anyways. Apart from that it has 14 airbags and 24 can(coke or drink) refrigeration under the footrest of back seats.

There is enough space for 5 people , but when we say about 7 people you might feel a bit squashed. The rear 2 seats at the back are practically for kids , an adult can adjust for shorter journey which can became a bit of a pain if doing a longer runs.

Exterior: The shape of the car goes with the modern looks of the car with an american touch in the front grill. The feel of the metals doesn't actually feel like a metal.
Comes with alloy wheels and rear reversing camera which is helpful for the driver and park sensors also assist for a beginner driver.

Overall as I mentioned above what you pay is what you get.
You are not paying $60K but half of it for a people mover. In my opinion is a budget 7 seat car that fulfills the desire of having a bigger car at affordable price and I'll leave it up to the reader to draw conclusions.

Thanks for reading .

Attachments

Last edited:
Hi,
Its good quality of alloys. Almost 75% of the Car manufacturers will not give a best suited alloys for their cars. But here it chills out. Happy to see FIAT brand linked with this one.

Dodge Journey is a big SUV. Packed with lots of features. Attached pictures are of 2013 Dodge Charger. 2014 models also same, no difference. Dodge always pack upto neck. Lots of features. These chargers are made in USA. The seats are super cool, unlike in Japanese vehicles. Engine power and luxury features are equally put in these vehicles.

20140118_105701.jpg
20140118_105712.jpg
20140118_105703.jpg
20140118_105713.jpg

Thread Starter #7
Dodge Journey is a big SUV. Packed with lots of features. Attached pictures are of 2013 Dodge Charger. 2014 models also same, no difference. Dodge always pack upto neck. Lots of features. These chargers are made in USA. The seats are super cool, unlike in Japanese vehicles. Engine power and luxury features are equally put in these vehicles.

View attachment 122395
View attachment 122392
View attachment 122393
View attachment 122394
I suspect you haven't seen the JDM cars from inside then mate

American cars are not the best when it comes to build quality and interior.They are rather inferior and poor plastic texture.
I own a Ford and a Mazda ( previously Toyota and Nissan) and I Can assure you that Japanese cars have better interior then Dodge anyday.

Its just because you haven't came across a proper Japanese luxury car

Top Bottom