2012 Dodge Charger Test Driven

Thread Starter #1
I dont own, but I rented, put about 600 miles on it. First let me say, there is no replacement for displacement. A 3.6 liter V6 with almost 300 horses on tap is pretty intoxicating. I had a wonderful drive from Los Angeles to Solvang in central California, a distance of about 150 miles, driving on the coastline through beaeutiful Santa Barbara and into the mountains. It was 6 of us, wife, in-laws and 2 dogs and all our stuff, tons of space between the passengers, so its safe to say....FULLY LOADED. I averaged about 70 mph, doing almost 90 at times, AC on, never felt strained or out of breath and I managed to get 27 mpg according to the readout. Pretty impressive for a car of that heft. I loved it.

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: 2012 Dodge Charger

Hi,
Its a good idea to rent a car like what you have did and enjoy the thirlls for one or two days. But am not sure we will get these kind of things in India.

Hi,
Its a good idea to rent a car like what you have did and enjoy the thirlls for one or two days. But am not sure we will get these kind of things in India.
The concept has started in india. In pune you get cars where u can drive it on your own and the condition of car is really good

Thread Starter #4
Re: 2012 Dodge Charger

Hi,
Absolutely, I had it for about 4 or 5 days. I live in Manhattan, so there is no parking, I fly to LA to visit my inlaws about 3 times a year, the best car I rented which was comfy and great on gas was a 2012 Mitsu Galant, my only issue was no bt or aux in, but it was great, did 1300 miles in 5 days and didnt feel it.

Hey Vikram,

I have no doubt that you had a BLAST driving that Dodge monster!

Nice write-up friend. Do share more pics of the beauty if they are handy with you.It will be a visual-treat for all the members here!

2013 Dodge Charger.

These are powerful vehicles. Some interior ministry (police department) unit uses these vehicles as command & control vehicles. My friend is having this vehicle. He use one hand for Smartphone, one hand for smoking, and which hand he use (not sure) to drive this vehicle. The breaking is very effective.

looks like you had fun driving these
my mate owns a SRT hemi (V8) charger and he said that its a beast of a car but V6 is 3.6 Litre... meh !

I completely forgot to rent a mustang while I was there !! what a disaster.

glad you had a great time and nice review

Top Bottom